MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

color shift within Media 100i

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Curtis
color shift within Media 100i
on Mar 5, 2008 at 9:54:52 pm

Whenever I create a freeze or a transition like a wipe, there's a subtle but definite color shift. It looks like the YUV/RGB shift that happens when exporting and re-importing, but this is occurring entirely within Media 100. It makes no difference whether the transition/effect is rendered or not.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Pete

Media 100i v8.2.3, G4 dual 1.25, OS 10.3.9, Quicktime 7.1.6

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: color shift within Media 100i
on Mar 6, 2008 at 6:48:45 am

Pete,

Yes, the color shift is there. The solution that has worked for me can be a bit of a pain, especially if you have a lot of transitions or freezes, but it does work. If the color shift you're seeing is towards a green-ish hue then this procedure should work for you: create and render your transition/freeze as usual, split the timeline at the beginning and end of the transition/freeze (basically creating a separate clip), apply a ColorFX setting (Classic > tint +4) to this clip, and you're good-to-go. You might want to save this setting in the ColorFx pane.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 6, 2008 at 7:09:55 am

Yes, this color shift is there from the YUV->RGB->YUV conversion that has to be done for everything that is processed off the P6000 boards (like all transitions except the FastFX transitions). This has been there "forever", but luckily it was small enough for us never to be a problem.
This has been solved for Media 100 V10 and up, due to the fact that the decoding of the video streams is not done on a codec chip anymore.

Return to posts index

Pete Curtis
on Mar 6, 2008 at 6:02:41 pm

That's the weird part, this color shift is occurring even with FastFX.

Thanks for the fix, Gary. That's the same method I use.

Pete

P.S. Floh, when searching the forum about this issue, I ran across several posts by you that were obviously cut off in mid-sentence. It didn't seem to happen to anyone else. Here's an example... http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/4/860361

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 7, 2008 at 2:16:01 pm

[Pete Curtis] "P.S. Floh, when searching the forum about this issue, I ran across several posts by you that were obviously cut off in mid-sentence. It didn't seem to happen to anyone else. Here's an example... http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/4/860361
"

Not really sure what's going on there. I can only imagine it has to do something with the archive functionality of the Cow, since the posts showed up correctly initially.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]