MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100 master to tape

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark LeGrand
Media100 master to tape
on Mar 5, 2008 at 1:43:29 am

I am trying to master a wedding i edited from M100 producer v11 to a Sony HDV m25 deck. Two issues. One a warning about the deck is not in non drop mode? Two the mastering keeps stopping with a "CPU can not keep up" warning. MacBook Pro 15" single intel. Any suggestions?

I am now trying to export the program as a DV quicktime and than bring into final cut, which has had zero master issues with FC projects.

Thanks in advance.

Mark LeGrand

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Media100 master to tape
on Mar 5, 2008 at 10:52:53 am

[Mark LeGrand] "One a warning about the deck is not in non drop mode?"

Is it in Drop-frame mode? I am not sure about this whole NTSC/DF thing, so I have not really an idea what is going on there.

[Mark LeGrand] "Two the mastering keeps stopping with a "CPU can not keep up" warning. MacBook Pro 15" single intel. Any suggestions? "

What kind of codecs do you use in your timeline? Media 100 can mix all codecs in realtime, but for mastering to FireWire it has to convert everything on the fly to DV. This can be processor-intense. FCP does not allow this; it does all the conversion in advance. So if you do an DV-export for FCP anyway you could try to master the exported file to DV from Media 100 to see if this solves your issue.

Return to posts index

Mark LeGrand
on Mar 5, 2008 at 3:29:08 pm

I will try that, thanks. I shoot in DV, edit in DV what should i have the settings to avoid these issues, because exporting the 90 minute program took 6 plus hours. ouch.

Thanks again,

Mark LeGrand

Mark LeGrand
Pro One Video

Return to posts index

Lukkee Chong
on Mar 5, 2008 at 6:13:08 pm

Hi,
In conjunction with Flo's suggestion, try exporting your timeline using "by Reference" mode, then import that back into M100 and see if that saves any time/processor work.
For NTSC, drop frame = 29.97 fps, non-drop frame = 30 fps. You should check your camera's frame rate setting, time line frame rate setting, deck frame rate setting, and make sure they are all the same.
I have also had issues with Media100's firewire interface with these decks and have gone with the Sony HVR 1500 for it's rs422 interface. Much better!I don't know how you would use rs 422 with your laptop though....
lc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]