MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

importing pshop layers into Red

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Lammersimporting pshop layers into Red
by on Feb 28, 2008 at 3:43:37 pm

Hi. I haven't used Red in awhile. I can't remember how, or if I can, import a pshop document into RED and keep the individual layers available as separate tracks. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.3a on an old G4
Producer 11.5.1 on MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz core 2 Duo

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: importing pshop layers into Red
by on Feb 29, 2008 at 7:20:35 pm

From the Boris RED help menu:

"Importing Adobe Photoshop PSD Files
Boris Red allows you to import Photoshop PSD files using the Still Image File media type. If you want to access the file’s original layer information in Boris Red, you can convert the still image file’s Shape track to a container.
NOTE:
Boris Red can only import Photoshop files in the RGB format. Make sure your image is RGB before attempting to import it into Red. You can convert your file to RGB in Photoshop by choosing Image > Mode > RGB Color.
Press the Media icon on a shape track and choose Still Image File from the menu. Alternately, click the Add Still Image button to create a new shape track with Still Image File media.
A dialog box appears. Navigate to the PSD file and click Open.
Select the shape track containing the PSD file and choose Track > Convert to Container.
The shape track is converted to a 3D Container track. Inside are nested 3D Plane tracks for each layer. You can now adjust any of the tracks or adjust the container track to affect all the nested tracks. You can use a different shape type for each layer track. See Chapter 6, “Working with 3D Containers” for more information on containers."

Return to posts index

Nick LammersRe: importing pshop layers into Red
by on Feb 29, 2008 at 7:46:52 pm

Thanks Floh!

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.3a on an old G4
Producer 11.5.1 on MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz core 2 Duo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved