MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Error -194 when trying to save bin

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul FechtmeisterError -194 when trying to save bin
by on Feb 26, 2008 at 9:24:51 am

Hello Fellow COWs:

I'm working on a Mac G4 running Media 100 8.1.1 with Quicktime 6.2 with 2GB ram and I recently have been having this problem.

When I'm done editing in Media100 and go to save the program file, it saves fine but when I try and save/close the bin I get this, "Unable to save bin error -194" with a red stop sign icon and the media100 icon.

So after many attempts I click on "don't save" because it won't let me choose save and then I reopen the project. Well, everything has saved in the program and my edits and clips are on the timeline but sure enough the clips aren't in the bin.

I didn't download anything from the internet or update to a quirky Quicktime version so things should be running smoothly.

Is there a maximum amount/file size that a bin can hold? Could I get around this by deleting a preferences file? Why is this showing up all of a sudden? What did I do? Can bin files become corrupt?

Only happens for the bin.

One perplexed COW. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Paul FechtmeisterRe: Error -194 when trying to save bin
by on Feb 26, 2008 at 9:50:29 am

p.s. to above post.

using Mac 10.2.4

not saving over a network... using a RAID array and saving things to a firewire drive also.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Paul FechtmeisterRe: Error -194 when trying to save bin
by on Feb 28, 2008 at 10:34:05 pm

We figured out that a compiled clip in the bin was causing some kind of problem. Deleted that clip and things seem to be working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved