MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How to keep M100 from linking footage in wrong folder?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael RosingHow to keep M100 from linking footage in wrong folder?
by on Feb 25, 2008 at 7:35:46 pm

I have many projects which reuse some media elements.
For backup and organization, I've duplicated these elements, and each project has its own folder with everything that project needs.

However, when opening 'project a', for example, Media 100 will nose around and link to some of the footage in the 'project b" and 'project c' folders.

Is there a way to force Media 100 to ignore certain folders when opening a project?

One possibility would be to partition my storage, put each project media folder on a separate partition, and dismount the unneeded partitions, but that's cumbersome.

I'm using 7.5.1, and have HDe on order.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: How to keep M100 from linking footage in wrong folder?
by on Feb 25, 2008 at 9:16:01 pm

You could turn off the "relink Media" function and add the "correct" folders manually. Otoh I don't see a problem in accessing the "wrong" files or folders.

Return to posts index

Michael RosingRe: How to keep M100 from linking footage in wrong folder?
by on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:15:32 pm

You could turn off the "relink Media" function and add the "correct" folders manually. Otoh I don't see a problem in accessing the "wrong" files or folders.

Thanks, Floh.

A possible problem with using the wrong folders is that if I perform a 'delete unused media' it may lose files from other projects.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:15:32 pm

Thanks, Floh.

A possible problem with using the wrong folders is that if I perform a 'delete unused media' it may lose files from other projects.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:15:40 pm

Thanks, Floh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]