MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Applying the graphics apply

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Milligan
Applying the graphics apply
on Feb 16, 2008 at 10:53:16 pm

It used to be that when one applied a title in Media 100 using Boris, it wasn't necessary to hit the "apply" button when returning to the Media 100 interface. Now that's no longer the case. I've been bitten more than once by this and it really gets annoying when I spend a significant amount of time assembling a credit roll or some other design intensive work, applying it, and then if I don't remember to immediately apply it again, all is lost. Can we have this looked into? Anybody else suffering from this? Is there something I'm not doing right in the preference settings? Dave C.?

Thanks for any input.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Applying the graphics apply
on Feb 17, 2008 at 11:26:52 am

There is a pref setting for that. I think it is called "Automatically apply from Edit Suite", or something similar. I like to have turned it off and to manually apply the changes I made.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Applying the graphics apply
on Feb 17, 2008 at 6:57:46 pm

Floh, do you ever get it wrong? It doesn't seem to matter what the question is, you've always got the answer! Despite the fact I've been using Media 100 since Data Translation introduced v.1.2 some 14 years ago, I'm learning something new all the time, and that's a good thing... but my depth of knowledge of the system pales in comparison to yours.

[Floh Peters] "I like to have turned it off and to manually apply the changes I made."

Up until today this is how I preferred it as well but I didn't think it would apply to the graphics track in the timeline - I assumed it "automatically applied" to the clips in the bin only. Makes me wonder what the reasoning was behind introducing that feature. Can you offer any insight?

As always, thank you Floh... for this and all the other solutions you've provided to this forum over the years.

Respectfully yours,
Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]