MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

is there ANY way i can open a v12 program in v11.6?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MVis there ANY way i can open a v12 program in v11.6?
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 10:25:08 pm

I just realized one of our editors downloaded v12 and made a bunch of edits to a program that was created in 11.6.4 on a mac pro. now its time to reacquire and obviously we cannot open the program. i have already tried exporting XMLs and trying to reimport them in v12, but nothing doing. i am aware of the differences between the versions i was just hoping that i could find a way to export a simple EDL that can be reimported back into version 11. any feedback would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: is there ANY way i can open a v12 program in v11.6?
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 10:32:28 pm

You can export an EDL (like CMX 3600) from V12 and reimport it into V11.6, but most of your metadata+effects will be lost. Edits will transfer fine. And of course you cannot relink to your audio files, so you have to reacquire everything (or export the mixed audio and reimport into V11.6.

The easiest thing of course would be to continue working on V12, though. Maybe time for an upgrade?

Return to posts index

Bobby MVRe: is there ANY way i can open a v12 program in v11.6?
by on Feb 18, 2008 at 9:15:29 pm

that did the trick! thanks a lot floh! I remember once doing this method by accident, just didnt know it would work going backwards.

Bobby Mosaedi
Magic Video, Inc.

"once you go mac, you never go back"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]