MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Firewire Audio Mystery

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FortgangFirewire Audio Mystery
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 7:16:25 pm

I'm having a strange problem. I'm running producer 12.1.1 on a MacBook Pro 2.4ghz. Certain video clips in my timeline are muting the audio from my firewire out. The program plays perfectly but when the cti hits one of the bad clips the audio cuts out. I still see the meter moving and the system sound device still works. I read an old thread where somebody suggested creating a title over the clip and this actually works but I'd like to avoid having to do that for every bad clip. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Firewire Audio Mystery
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 7:28:27 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of DV video. I would guess that there is something special about these muting clips, like 4 embedded channels of audio or something similar. Media 100 handles the Raw DV streams over FireWire, and if you do not create any adjustments to the clips the DV data goes in byte for byte as it comes in, without any transcoding or quality loss. So I guess the audio streams embedded in these clips has something that your FireWire deck does not like. As soon as you render the clips everything gets freshly transcoded to DV, and the audio gets embedded correctly, and you will get proper audio on the FireWire out. Are these clips from a special camera or deck? Anything else that is special about them?

Return to posts index

Mark FortgangRe: Firewire Audio Mystery
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 7:38:48 pm

Thanks for the quick response. The clips were dv files that I imported as Media100 lossless clips. The strange thing is that some of the imported clips are fine.

Return to posts index

Mark FortgangRe: Firewire Audio Mystery
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 8:00:21 pm

Problem solved. Apparently I imported the clips as raw DV rather than Media100 Lossless. Once I re-imported the clips everything worked correctly. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Ron ArmourRe: Firewire Audio Mystery
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 9:46:04 pm

I started the original thread on this problem and it still persist. In my case all the clips were DV and a small percentage of them had the problem.....they would not play the right audio channel out to firewire. Media 100 never responded with any solution or suggestion. Adding a graphic over the troublesome clip was the only solution I know that works. Changing decks had no effect. I now have to monitor my completed programs out of a firewire deck carefully before making any dubs.

Return to posts index

Ron ArmourRe: Firewire Audio Mystery
by on Feb 15, 2008 at 9:53:00 pm

I started the original thread on this problem and it continues for me. In my case it involved a small percentage of DV clips. Audio on the right channel would not play out thru firewire unless I added a graphic above it. Media 100 never had a solution or suggestion. I now have to monitor all my completed programs carefully out thru firewire to detect the problem before I make any dubs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]