MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM HD & Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoXDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 9, 2008 at 8:49:09 pm

Hi everyone,

For those of you who have or use XDCAM HD cameras (not EX1), firstly, how are the pictures and how do you find the clips integrating with Media 100.

I know there is a nice little tutorial on M100's website explaining how to convert the .mxf files to .mov and import the clips into Media 100.

Obviously the process works, but is this a time consuming process?

Has anyone compared the picture quality from this process to the HDSDI capturing process?

Any other experiences and important points to note would be greatly appreciated.

No doubt Media 100 & Sony have made the process as efficient as possible but it's nice to know the idiosyncrasies from any camera/nle combination.

Thanks very much for your feedback
David Issko

Return to posts index

Tony KellyRe: XDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 10, 2008 at 7:47:26 am

Hi David,

I am a Sony PDW-F330 user because of its 4 channel audio recording capability. After assurances from Media100 that it will be updated to import all 4 channels at once so I purchased a Media100 HDe system. This system was purchased in May 2007 but still no update so it is not used. FCP 6.0 has no problem with this.

Regards
Tony Kelly

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: XDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 11, 2008 at 12:16:02 am

Hi Tony,

I too have a HDe and looking at the specs, the HDe is capable of 6 channel SDI embedded audio in and out. Whenever I output SDI to my Digital Beta deck, it records to all 4 channels but as I only ever record 2 channel audio to my HDV & DVCAM cameras, I have never tried to record all 4 channels to the HDe.

Does this feature not work? Or is it one of HDe's many input setting that you need to activate?

How is the 330 camera?
Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers
David

Return to posts index

David ColantuoniRe: XDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 11, 2008 at 9:41:45 pm

Tony,

Sssshhhhh. Come see me at NAB, I'll have a surprise for you. Can't say much more right now.

Dave

Return to posts index

Tony KellyRe: XDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 11, 2008 at 11:06:32 pm

Hi Dave,
Cannot get to NAB but await in anticipation for surprise hope it is I am awaiting

Regards

Tony

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: XDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 12, 2008 at 10:37:03 pm

Sounds promising as I am looking to buy an XDCAM HD.
2008 will be interesting for HD

David Issko

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: XDCAM HD & Media 100
by on Feb 18, 2008 at 6:52:50 pm

David C, I'm intrigued as I'm buying a EX1 next month. I spoke to Boris himself at the London Broadcast show last month and he was pretty cagey on the EX (or XDCAM) situation. At present I propose recording in the SD mode and taking the video down the firewire out to the Sony HDV deck on to tape. I edit at present by taking HDV from the deck through Convergent design's HD-Connect into Media 100 as HD. I hope that your surprise at NAB will be positive and that whatever you are going to do for EX files will apply to those of us still using sytems with the HDx board as opposed to the new AJA board. Can you comment???

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]