MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Graffiti

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoGraffiti
by on Feb 3, 2008 at 4:17:38 am

ok, so call me a bit lazy to read the manual but if someone (Floh) could please be so kind as to tell me what button to activate so that the titler automatically updates on the video monitor, I would be most grateful. I'm using HDe.

I could set the auto update easily in the 8.2.2 version of M100 and its titler.

Thanks
David Issko

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Graffiti
by on Feb 5, 2008 at 3:28:18 pm

Hi David,

Have you got "auto-update monitor" enabled in the preview menu?

K

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Graffiti
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 1:33:49 am

Kieran,

That's my problem, for some reason it does not do what it's told. It does not work. I have to do a manual update each time - most annoying.
Thanks
David

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: Graffiti
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 8:36:53 am

I too have this problem (RED 4.1). Since a few versions back a new text would not update in the comp window or on the monitor unless you hit the update button. There used to be an auto-update button somewhere on the text window (in addition to the "auto-update monitor" in the preview menu). Would be very nice to have it back!

Felix

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Graffiti
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 10:57:56 am

Ahh!

I misunderstood. Yes, after altering text in the text tool you do now need to hit update for it to change in the comp window and on the monitor. I was thinking that you weren't getting any video on the monitor at all.

There was a reason given for the removal of the auto-update text tool button, but if I recall correctly it didn't really wash. You could try posting the request on the Boris FX forum, several of the Boris staff post there regularly and they could probably give a better explanation for its untimely demise.

K

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: Graffiti
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 3:29:57 pm

Didn't even know there was a boris forum.
Here is the thread to our problem:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/15/856716#856747

Thanks

Felix

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Graffiti
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 9:40:57 pm

The update checkbox was in fact removed from UI to boost the performance. I've seen numerous requests to put it back in. Maybe we will in the a future update. In the meantime there is a handy command in the Track menu - Update Text. And you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it using the Shortcut Editor (under Edit menu). That would roughly give you the equivalent function without having to resort to your mouse.

Cheers,

Boris

Return to posts index

by on Feb 7, 2008 at 9:56:18 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I received an email from Boris tech support explaining that the auto update was removed to enhance performance. Since the removal they have had requests to reinstate it and they will consider this in a future update.

The tech support person was kind enough to explain a progammable function key shortcut but silly me accidentally deleted and then trashed the email instead of another one so I lost it.

I you do read this post Boris tech support, would you please be so kind as to resend the workaround to me again. Thanks for your support too. Most appreciated that you really do read the forum posts and pick up on what us operators really want from your fine product.

Cheers
David Issko

Return to posts index

by on Feb 7, 2008 at 10:33:54 pm

Silly me got so excited (well not really) and didn't realise that BORIS himself answered me. As you can see, Boris' post is just above mine, so thank you very much Boris for taking the time to respond - again.

M100 is GREAT!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]