MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Digitising HDV/DV Problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter StewartDigitising HDV/DV Problems
by on Jan 19, 2008 at 11:25:04 am

Hi,

I'm having problems with a Media100 HDe (Currently running v12.1.1, but problem goes all the way back to v11) when I try and digitise from a DV (downconverted from HDV) source, at the moment I'm using a Sony HDV FX1.

I'm in PAL land, so everything I'm doing is at 25fps.

There are periods of time when there is no problem at all and I can happily digitise for weeks and months, then suddenly it will refuse. When I go to the capture panel it insists that the source is DV/DVCPRO - NTSC, and refuses to give me any deck control.

The problem occurs randomly and we are now reluctantly looking into purchasing a Convergent Design HD-Connect. I noticed that other people have reported the same problem, back in August, but as yet nothing has been done to fix it.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/4/860273#860276

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Peter Stewart

Freelance Editor (UK)

In Production : Legacy of War (ITV/WNET), Imaginary Summer (Feature Narrative)

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Digitising HDV/DV Problems
by on Jan 19, 2008 at 11:39:59 am

Hi Peter,

Yes, this is an ongoing issue, not helped by the fact it seems to be a PAL problem, and that it only affects certain decks. The M25E, for example, doesn't seem to suffer from it.

Perhaps if we, as a community, could list all the decks/cameras we have had problems with, it would give Media 100 something to go on.

For me, as mentioned in the other thread, it was an M10E.

K

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Digitising HDV/DV Problems
by on Jan 19, 2008 at 12:42:57 pm

Peter, yes I find that on the occasions I need to edit in SD I still take my HDV from my M10 deck, (firewire from deck, SDI into Media 100) as HD which I obtain through the Convergent Design HD-Connect as you suggest. This works perfectly with machine control and I then downscale if required within Media 100. Media 100 does not like getting DV from these HDV decks.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]