MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Digitising HDV/DV Problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter StewartDigitising HDV/DV Problems
by on Jan 19, 2008 at 11:25:04 am

I'm having problems with a Media100 HDe (Currently running v12.1.1, but problem goes all the way back to v11) when I try and digitise from a DV (downconverted from HDV) source, at the moment I'm using a Sony HDV FX1.

I'm in PAL land, so everything I'm doing is at 25fps.

There are periods of time when there is no problem at all and I can happily digitise for weeks and months, then suddenly it will refuse. When I go to the capture panel it insists that the source is DV/DVCPRO - NTSC, and refuses to give me any deck control.

The problem occurs randomly and we are now reluctantly looking into purchasing a Convergent Design HD-Connect. I noticed that other people have reported the same problem, back in August, but as yet nothing has been done to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Stewart

Freelance Editor (UK)

In Production : Legacy of War (ITV/WNET), Imaginary Summer (Feature Narrative)

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Digitising HDV/DV Problems
by on Jan 19, 2008 at 11:39:59 am

Hi Peter,

Yes, this is an ongoing issue, not helped by the fact it seems to be a PAL problem, and that it only affects certain decks. The M25E, for example, doesn't seem to suffer from it.

Perhaps if we, as a community, could list all the decks/cameras we have had problems with, it would give Media 100 something to go on.

For me, as mentioned in the other thread, it was an M10E.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Digitising HDV/DV Problems
by on Jan 19, 2008 at 12:42:57 pm

Peter, yes I find that on the occasions I need to edit in SD I still take my HDV from my M10 deck, (firewire from deck, SDI into Media 100) as HD which I obtain through the Convergent Design HD-Connect as you suggest. This works perfectly with machine control and I then downscale if required within Media 100. Media 100 does not like getting DV from these HDV decks.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved