MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 & Sony EX1 camera

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael SloweMedia 100 & Sony EX1 camera
by on Jan 5, 2008 at 12:55:42 pm

Can David C please confirm that Media 100 are contemplating working towards supporting this codec? I am about to play safe by sticking to tape and the new Z7 but would love to know that it will be possible to edit the EX media in the foreseeable future.

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: Media 100 & Sony EX1 camera
by on Jan 5, 2008 at 3:38:42 pm

Same here. Should get my EX1 this month. Shall try to downconvert to M100 via HD-SDI and I hope that audio and TC make it through this process. But direct import would be great.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 & Sony EX1 camera
by on Jan 6, 2008 at 11:12:15 am

Felix, if you edit on Media 100 (you are on that forum) why are you getting the camera if you can't edit the media?

I believe you can take video direct through the HD SDI out but it will be with embedded audio. If you, as I am, are still using a Media 100 with the HDx board, you won't be able to take the embedded audio unless you get the (expensive) AJA 'splitter'. There has been a lot of correspondence on, I think, the Cow Sony Cine Alta forum about how compressed the picture might be through SDI. All in all it's not too hopeful for Media 100 editors at this stage.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 & Sony EX1 camera
by on Jan 6, 2008 at 1:33:53 pm

[Felix Halter] "Shall try to downconvert to M100 via HD-SDI and I hope that audio and TC make it through this process"

If you use the Kona-based hardware the audio should make it through without any problems, and the deck control should work via FireWire.

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: Media 100 & Sony EX1 camera
by on Jan 6, 2008 at 10:38:06 pm

Michael and Floh:

Normally I work with DVCPRO 50, which for SD I'm very happy with. I tried the Z1 and then the XDCAM HD 330, which downconverted to SD were not as good as DVCPRO 50, and now, reading all the hype about the EX1, I was hoping to use this camera as B-roll. But if I can't find a decent workflow with my HDx board I might have to upgrade to Kona or give somebody a good EX1-deal on e-bay. But I'm still hoping for a solution from media 100. We'll soon know...

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 & Sony EX1 camera
by on Jan 7, 2008 at 7:24:18 pm

Felix, I wouldn't hold your breath for Media 100 to sort the EX1, there is an ominous silence in answer to the query I posted the other day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]