MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Corrupt/Damaged M100 Video Files...

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MichaelCCorrupt/Damaged M100 Video Files...
by on Jan 4, 2008 at 11:25:45 pm

So I had an old Media 100 project backed up on a single 30gb firewire drive and I needed some clips from that project.

The Mac would not mount the disc so I tried Disk Warrior and it repaired and replaced the directory and I was able to mount it...

HOWEVER, it seems that quite a few of the M100 files were "damaged" and put into a damaged folder by Disk Warrior...

When I look at those files (and yes, the ones I need are in there) they show up all as 0 KB, and obviously can't be played in M100 or Quicktime...

But, the drive still shows the exact same size as the original backup (28.2 gb). So I think the data is all there (somehow). All those 0 KBs (if they really were 0) would be substantially less and the drive wouldn't be as full.

I don't think Disk Warrior can repair or rebuild individual files... Does anyone know a way to "fix" damaged M100 files?

(on another note, I had a drive go down in a raid arrary once but they were backed up... long story short, some of those files got corrupted... They play in M100 up until the point where they are damaged... then M100 stops... I'd like to know if there's a way to "repair" those two)

So... What things can I try to fix damaged M100 video files? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved