MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Sony HVR M10U Machine Control or lack of???

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Colovin
Sony HVR M10U Machine Control or lack of???
on Jan 1, 2008 at 12:21:42 am

Last purchase of the year was Media 100 12.0.3 Software to tie the M100 HDE into my Kona LHE Card. Was a M100 editor for a long time. Switched to FCP for HD. Now that M100 runs on the same card as FCP thought it would be nice to get the old friend back and be able to work on legacy projects. If I can get the M100 to control my Sony HVRM10U deck I might migrate back to the M100. I'm on a Quad G5, 10.4.11. Work flow on FCP is bring HDV into FCP as DVCProHD through the component output of the deck. In FCP I am able to control the deck via FireWire while coming out of the component jacks. Of course the Sony deck does not have RS-422 control, why do that when you can have the excellent L-Control (don't get me started) I have the Rosetta Stone which is suppose to convert RS-422 to L, but doesn't work very well with the Kona card, not sure why but it isn't an option unless someone knows of some sort of setting that I might have wrong. So is it possible to control the deck via FireWire and spit out the component jack in the Media 100 like I can in FCP?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Sony HVR M10U Machine Control or lack of???
on Jan 2, 2008 at 11:01:24 am

This works perfectly for me using the HVR M25U. Set the Device Control to FireWire and the video input to Component or SDI, depending on your deck, and you should be able to control the deck via FireWire while getting video input via SDI.
It seems like there is a problem with the FireWire deck control of the M10U (search for M10U in this forum to see what is going on), but as far as I know it works for some users while it does not for others. Not really sure what the M10U is doing differently from all the other DV-decks out there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]