MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

V12 rendering problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas BertayV12 rendering problem
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 10:21:10 am

I've just upgraded my HDx board to V12. First of all, thanks to the Media 100 team for this release, which is the best according to me for a very long time. The ability to edit clips directly in the timeline through Boris is something i've been waiting for years. But what is the point with renderings time ? It's very very slow. I guess it's a bug, but renderings on my dual G5 are 4 or 5 time longer than before (11.5.1). It concerns everything (time FX, color effects, export to QT

Return to posts index

FlohRe: V12 rendering problem
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 10:29:26 am

[Thomas Bertay] "? It's very very slow. I guess it's a bug, but renderings on my dual G5 are 4 or 5 time longer than before (11.5.1). It concerns everything (time FX, color effects, export to QT

Return to posts index

Thomas BertayRe: V12 rendering problem
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 11:48:47 am

Thanks Floh,

Hope it's not gonna be too long until this bug fix.
Don't you miss audiomixdown and match frame in your workflow ?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: V12 rendering problem
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 12:41:15 pm

[Thomas Bertay] "Don't you miss audiomixdown and match frame in your workflow ?"

Audiomixdown/Multichannel support would be nice, but I don

Return to posts index

by on Dec 6, 2007 at 3:43:57 pm

The reason why we still don't have multichannel audiomixdown remains a mystery to me since we have audio embedded through SDI and that there's no hardware limitations anymore.

Concerning match frame, you said what you said from a M100 editor point of view (which is mine too but not only). Try to explain that there's no matchframe in M100 to an AVID/FCP editor and he will run away because it's like having a tool to cut a clip for him. The same problem occurs with simple functions like JKL navigation also. If M100 wants to grow up in the NLE industry, they have to integrate those simple and standards tools in their software (from my humble point of view

Return to posts index

David C.Re: V12 rendering problem
by on Dec 7, 2007 at 3:08:20 am

Thanks for the feedback Tom. We hear you on the feature requests, especially the multichannel audio and Our "catch frame" just won't do. With regard to the slow rendering, We were working on a release a rendering fix in a V 12.0.3 but we just received a new AJA driver and moved the testing resources to that project, that one is called 12.1.1 and is the hardware equivalent to the 12.1 Producer release. We hope to release 12.1.1 very soon.

Dave

Return to posts index

by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:39:31 pm

Thanks Dave,

It's good to know that you listen to your customers requests. I really hope V12.1.1 will be ready before the end of the year.

Best regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]