MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 transitions

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry HughesMedia 100 transitions
by on Dec 5, 2007 at 8:56:43 pm

After working smoothly for 10 years my dissolves are no longer linear. The first 80% or so are nice but then abruptly cuts to finish the transition. Wipes and pushes are fine. It's an old version, 6.0.2 operating on MAC )S 8.5

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
FlohRe: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:22:20 pm

[Jerry Hughes] "After working smoothly for 10 years my dissolves are no longer linear. The first 80% or so are nice but then abruptly cuts to finish the transition. "

This sounds like you have messed with the "Transition Settings Range for the first time in 10 years ;-)
If you edit your dissolve in the Edit Suite, and you click on the triangle at the bottom of the Edit Suite window to reveal the Transition settings, is the Range set to From 0% to 100%? It sounds like your "To" slider/setting is not at 100% but maybe 80%. (actually I am not sure if there was a slider in V6.0.2, but I think there was one...)

Return to posts index

Jerry HughesRe: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:31:53 pm

You are right.... I did mess with it and it was set at 80%. Do you think I can get by another 10 years before I screw it up again? Thanks so much. You are the Media 100 guru. Jerry

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:38:51 pm

[Jerry Hughes] "Do you think I can get by another 10 years before I screw it up again? "

Of course ;-)

Floh

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 7, 2007 at 3:12:38 am

Guy, 10 YEARS! Let's support the company and product and purchase an upgrade. Geez, if you wait another 10 years without purchasing something, we probably won't be here to help you out :).

Time to get on OS X, Mac Intel, Version 12! There's a whole new world out there.

We need the support of our loyal customers to purchase some products from time to time.

Have a great holiday!

Dave

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 10:23:52 am

=) The trouble with Media100 is, it was made so damn good, you don't *really* need to upgrade. Lol.

But when I get some money, I might. ^_^

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 10:13:57 pm

Dave, I seem to be buying all the time but I must have had the very last HDx board and G5 before you went to AJA and Apple to Intel. That means a new G5 etc etc. Have a heart and go on supporting the HDx systems for a while yet please. That means up dates to be compatible AND XDCAM when you get around to supporting it.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 10, 2007 at 4:37:27 pm

Michael,

We'll do our best to continue supporting HDx customers. Our only limitation is if the hardware needs to be modified to add or turn on features we may not be able to do that. Remember Media 100 was a hardware design company and we do not employee any of those hardware engineers at Boris FX. We will also try to aggressively price upgrades for HDx customers who want/need to upgrade to the AJA hardware.

Dave

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 transitions
by on Dec 11, 2007 at 11:30:32 am

Dave, I have no problem with your intentions which, lately, have been admirable. My problem would be not with the price of the Media 100 upgrade (bearing in mind what you say) but with the cost of replacing a virtually new G5 with the even newer Intel version. Apple Mac have a lot to answer for in their recent treatment of Media 100 seeing as how you have been such good customers of theirs all these years. Problem is you are too good and they want to push their own FCP!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]