MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100i to Producer problems.....

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DouglasC.Media100i to Producer problems.....
by on Nov 26, 2007 at 7:26:12 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to demo Producer on a trip to see a client so I don't have to lug my M100i system.

I have a show edited with some footage left to acquire and am hoping to take just a deck, drive and laptop.

I've upgraded my project but am having real-time playback issues where no files needing rendering. The media is on a Firewire 800 drive and play fine from the same drive on my i system.

I'm on a Macbook Pro laptop with 2 GB of ram. I'm able to digitize material and it plays fine but when trying to "batch reaquire selected" material to see if that's the issue, I'm unable to do so, it shows no clips to digitize. Ie: the clips show up but despite chaning settings, I can't redig them. It will allow me to do the audio if I select replace audio but not the video.

Do I need to "conform" the project or something prior to doing so or?????

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Edited to add: The video is 30kb draft quality as well....

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media100i to Producer problems.....
by on Nov 26, 2007 at 8:57:14 pm

A wild guess here would be that you may have used the "old" (like in very old) Media 100 i codec in a non-720 resolution (like 640*480 or 768*576)? The conversion from Media 100 i square codec to uncompressed D1 format takes quite some processing power, and I am not sure if a MBP would be fast enough to do that. If you are using the Media 100 i 720 codecs you should be fine, though.

The 640/768 codec would explain why you could be are not able to reacquire also. If you used the 720 codec you still could have a standard mismatch (in the batch reacquire, click on the exclamation mark button in the middle row between the reels and the clips. You should see your clips with a Std. Mismatch warning, which means that your hardware settings don

Return to posts index

DouglasC.Re: Media100i to Producer problems.....
by on Nov 26, 2007 at 10:44:46 pm

Thanks. Is there a workaround?

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Media100i to Producer problems.....
by on Nov 26, 2007 at 11:58:01 pm

Hold down the control and shift keys when you select the command.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media100i to Producer problems.....
by on Nov 27, 2007 at 7:16:32 am

[SoftHarbor] "Hold down the control and shift keys when you select the command."

This would be the Control and Shift keys while clicking on "Batch Reacquire Selected

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]