MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Producer v12 problems with SCM export

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alessio GemmaMedia 100 Producer v12 problems with SCM export
by on Nov 24, 2007 at 5:16:22 pm

Hello,
I'll try to describe this issue, but first consider that I'm Italian and maybe my written English could be not good.

I installed the latest version of M100 Producer Suite v10.0.2 on my MacPro and I always export the edited timeline in Self-Contained Movie: than, with Compressor, I obtain the target movie I need.
But... sometimes Compressor crashes when I add the exported movie from Media 100 and I found that, sometimes, the exported movie has an unknown video codec in its properties (I see them from QuickTime player, with command+i) instead of an Apple ProRes 422 codec.
When the exported movie has this bug, Compressor crashes as soon as I drag the clip on it.
As I told before, it happens sometimes, not every times I export the movie... someone has an idea?
Thanks.
Alessio

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Media 100 Producer v12 problems with SCM export
by on Nov 24, 2007 at 7:01:26 pm

I think that Media 100 exports color clips in self-contained movies as small rectangles of the color (like 2 by 2 pixels) in the Media 100 HD codec. It seems that some applications don't handle that well. See if you have color clips in the programs that fail, and maybe replace them with PICTs.

Return to posts index

Alessio GemmaRe: Media 100 Producer v12 problems with SCM export
by on Nov 24, 2007 at 8:37:04 pm

Wow, this sounds interesting... the only ones color clips I ineserted in the program is a black clip at the begin and at the end: I'll try tomorrow to replace the color clips with still PICTs images.
Anyway, I don't use a Media 100 HD codec, but a Media 100 SD codec, because these projects come from native DV.
If can help, the program fails the export (with "fails" I mean that the exported movie crashes Apple Compressor) ONLY if I choose the self-contained movie... if I choose the QuickTime Export (with Apple ProRes 422 as codec) all works well: but the main difference is the time... exporting with QuickTime is very, very slow!
Regards,
Alessio

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Media 100 Producer v12 problems with SCM export
by on Nov 24, 2007 at 8:48:26 pm

The HD codec name is misleading; it can be used for SD also. Anyway it is the presence of the 2x2 pixel clip, probably not what codec it's in. If removing the black clip helps, you should report the Compressor bug to Apple.

Return to posts index

Alessio GemmaRe: Media 100 Producer v12 problems with SCM export
by on Nov 26, 2007 at 9:40:06 am

Wow, incredible!
You're right, SoftHarbor... I removed the black clips (inserted with command-b in the program) and I replaced them with a PICT black image: I exported in SCM and now, in the MOV properties, the video coded is identified correctly: Apple ProRes 422.
I really thank you a lot!
Best regards,
Alessio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]