MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

V12 & Firewire

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mmfarmsV12 & Firewire
by on Nov 18, 2007 at 10:15:54 pm

I have 3 separate Media100 rooms - HDe, HDx on G5's and Producer running on a Macbook Pro. Prior to the V12 release, I was able to digitize from a Sony HVR Z1U via firewire to any machine. Since the upgrade to 12.0.1, none of the rooms will acquire footage from the Sony. They all recognize the DV deck, but don't see the video or audio. Has anyone else experienced this change... or is the Sony at fault? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

David C.Re: V12 & Firewire
by on Nov 19, 2007 at 3:11:35 pm

I'm using a Sony deck and not a camera, but I have not seen any issues this past week. We also did not change the underpinning of the engineering for DV with Version 12. We do use QuickTime to do some of the work behind the scenes. Did you change anything related to that? I do have 7.3 on my system (I'm testing it) but haven't seen anything. I don't think Sony would have changed anything to break you unless you loaded a firmware update on your camera or deck. Anything else change?

Thanks
Dave

Return to posts index

mmfarmsRe: V12 & Firewire
by on Nov 19, 2007 at 5:24:39 pm

Nothing else has changed with our edit systems, but I was also in the Sony forum and it could be an issue with the FireWire port on the camera.

Thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: V12 & Firewire
by on Nov 19, 2007 at 6:11:57 pm

OK thanks. Let me know if you need more help.

Dave

Return to posts index

LukkeeRe: V12 & Firewire
by on Nov 19, 2007 at 11:32:20 pm

Hi,
From my own recent experience with Media100 and a firewire deck don't depend on this worklow too much. If you have been "hot-plugging" (pluging and un-plugging the deck/camera while the cpu/camera is on) chances are the connectors and circuits have been burnt out. Sony wanted US$1,500 to replace the firewire card in our M10u (US$2K) recently and they returned it with a note taped to the deck about this. I ended up purchasing the Sony HVR1500 which has rs422 interface. It still offers firewire but also sdi-hd/sd, rgb, etc. Works like any other beta or dvcam deck, very accurate and Media100 works VERY WELL with it versus firewire.
lc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]