MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Program crashes

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Issko
MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Program crashes
on Nov 14, 2007 at 9:12:41 am

My HDe has suddenly played up on 2 different projects.
Both have the same fault. The projects has various programs, some that open up instantly and others that cause M100 to crash and the bug reporter window opens.

This is a serious issue that I don't know what is causing programs to cause such a problem.

David C or Floh, any ideas please? Anyone else too.

Thanks
David Issko

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
Re: MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Program crashes
on Nov 14, 2007 at 10:29:20 am

Probably a corrupt media file, the same one in all the crash programs. Try to delete it in the finder before opening the program.

Felix

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Nov 14, 2007 at 10:37:05 am

First, you definitely should send the crashlogs, including your email-address and any details you can give. It is very important for the engineers to know as much details as possible with these logs.

Second, it sounds like you have either a harddrive or media file problem. I would run Apple Disk Utility to check your media drives, and DiskWarrior if you have it. You also can unmount your media drive and load your projects to see if the timelines also crash without linking to the media files.
If then your timelines open fine, and if you checked your drives you can try finding out which media file is the problem. I would create a new project and open one of the offending timelines into it (without allowing the relink media automatically). Then create a new folder on your media drive, add that to the Projects media locations, and start moving media files into this folder and switching back to Media 100. Do you get a crash somewhere along moving files into it? Then you probably have found your bad media file.

Are there elements that are shared across your projects? Maybe one of those elements is the cause for the problems.

Return to posts index

Scott_F Media 100
on Nov 14, 2007 at 2:00:38 pm

Put your contact information in the Bug reporter so we can contact you to get more information on the crash.

Scott

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Nov 14, 2007 at 9:52:39 pm

Thanks guys,

I have tried a few things, but to no avail. Luckily my backups helped me out quickly as I will have to complete this important project very soon. Thanks for your prompt replies.

Cheers
David Issko

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]