MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Producer 12.0.1 Bug?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VideoguyProducer 12.0.1 Bug?
by on Nov 3, 2007 at 8:58:21 pm

I have been working on a project in Producer 12.0.1 with great success but came upon a problem that appears to be related to firewire output. The program is all DV.

About 10% of the AV clips create an audio output situation where the computer refuses to output audio on the right channel. I have tries everything to overcome it including duplicate audio tracks, exporting and importing tracks, all to no avail. It works ok if there is video in the A track but when it come to a cutaway in the B track the audio refuses to play the R audio track. This only occurs at the deck connected by firewire. I have tried a deck and camera with the same results. The Producer software always indicates that things are ok.Its strange in that only a certain group of clips do this.....some synced, some not. Media 100 has not returned my call yet. Curious if anyone has seen a similliar circumstance.
Mac Pro
Os 10.4.10

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Producer 12.0.1 Bug?
by on Nov 4, 2007 at 12:37:18 am

Couple of thoughts:
1. What happens if you swap A/B?
2. Try creating a title over a section of the program that contains working and not-working clips.

Return to posts index

VideoguyRe: Producer 12.0.1 Bug?
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 1:15:55 am

Swapping V tracks has no effect......but, delete the V track and the audio play normal.
Creating a title does work, but only if you create some text...deleting the text also allows it to work. So far this appears to be my only work around.

Its really strange...two consecutive shots from the same camera behave differently with regard to firewire output.

Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Producer 12.0.1 Bug?
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 4:01:59 pm

We've had a few calls on this in the past but we have never been able to reproduce this. How can I get in touch with you? Engineering would like to see a program and some media files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved