MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

DVD AUTHORING

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DIGITALGEORGEDVD AUTHORING
by on Oct 29, 2007 at 2:31:39 am

I FOUND OUT I HAVE TO SPEND THE ONE THOUSAND PLUS DOLLARS TO GET THE FULL VERSION OF STUDIO PRO TO UPGRADE DVD STUDIO PRO. IS THERE NO OTHER WAY TO BURN DVD'S FROM MEDIA 100? I HAVE DVD STUDIO PRO TWO FROM WHEN I WAS BURNING DVD'S A WHILE BACK, BUT SINCE THEN I HAVEN'T BURNED A DVD. NOW IT'S TIME TO UPGRADE.
ANY SUGGESTIONS.

DIGITALGEORGE

Return to posts index

tankboyRe: DVD AUTHORING
by on Oct 29, 2007 at 3:19:13 am

Do you mean no other way to burn DVD's ? Or Author them?

If it's the former. You could use toast.

If it's the later. You could use iDVD to author (never used it myself) it has far less features than DVDSP but comes free with your mac.

Otherwise, it's probably fair to say that DVDStudio Pro is the most popular, cost effective, flexible and 'feature rich' way of authoring DVDs on a Mac (shit I'm sounding like the Mac website here!).

You can do some pretty basic authoring stuff in toast as well though.

Hope that's helpful

Cheers
Tankboy

Return to posts index

DigitalGeorgeRe: DVD AUTHORING
by on Oct 30, 2007 at 5:03:12 am

I appreciate your input. I realze DVD Studio Pro is the best way to create a DVD. But can you upgrate just the DVD Studio Pro without having to buy the entire collection of software from MAC for $1200? From what I can tell from Mac, DVD Studio Pro comes bundled with other software. You could buy previous versions alone. I just don't think it's worth my money to buy the entire suite when all I need is DVD Studio Pro.

Thanks

DigrialGeorge

Return to posts index

tankboyRe: DVD AUTHORING
by on Oct 30, 2007 at 8:09:42 am

Right I see.

i'm 99.9% certain DVDSpro only comes bundled with the rest of the suite.

However Adobe do a bunch of different bundles and I pretty sure you can get their DVD Authoring program 'Encore' seperately from the rest of the creative suite. That might be worth a look.

Cheers
Tankboy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]