MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 opens wrong project.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremyR
Media 100 opens wrong project.
on Oct 26, 2007 at 9:28:06 pm

Media 100 HD v. 10.1.4 Mac 10.4.1 Dual 2.7 4gb Ram
This one has bugged me for awhile. Whenever I open a project when Media 100 has been closed, it will open the last project opened. No matter what project I try to open, it defaults to the last one. I then have to close the project (not the App) and open the project I want. This is very frusterating when it defaults to a large project that takes awhile to load. Then it gives me the error could not because another project is already open. This has been an issue since day one. There has to be something I'm missing... how can I fix this?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

SomeGuyFromSeattle
Re: Media 100 opens wrong project.
on Oct 26, 2007 at 11:08:32 pm

This annoyance persists even through V12.

It has been a while since I last bothered to try to "affect" the problem....as I recall Selecting/deselecting the preference for "Remember Last Project Opened" does not seem to affect this at all.
-C

Return to posts index

David C.
Re: Media 100 opens wrong project.
on Oct 27, 2007 at 4:06:49 am

Media 100 will default to opening the last saved project. You must de-select the preference. With the preference deselected the last saved project will not open.

Dave

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
Quick Tip Re: Media 100 opens wrong project.
on Oct 28, 2007 at 7:01:25 pm

I picked up a tip from Floh on these boards a few weeks ago. If a project is auto-opening and you don't want it to spend ages opening all the large bins and programmes you had opened when M100 shut down, just hold down the SHIFT key as the project loads. Then only the project window will be loaded, and not the programmes or bins.

I'm still on v7.5 but I believe this is still correct for the modern iterations too.

Return to posts index

jeremyR
Re: Quick Tip Media 100 opens wrong project.
on Oct 29, 2007 at 4:31:10 pm

That's a great tip. I'll try that.

Unchecking the "remember last saved project" does not seem to work for my system. This tip will save me a load of time. Thanks!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
Re: Quick Tip Media 100 opens wrong project.
on Oct 29, 2007 at 4:44:39 pm

Yeah.

All I have to do to stop the auto-open is close my project before quitting Media100. ^_^ But I always forget, so the SHIFT tip has saved me some time too.

Just for the record, I leave "remember last project" or whatever its called ticked in my preferences, because 80% of the time it is actually really useful to start just where I left off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]