MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Matrox MXO or Blackmagic HDLink with M100?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
Matrox MXO or Blackmagic HDLink with M100?
on Oct 23, 2007 at 11:51:06 am

Hi All

I'm looking for a monitoring solution from M100 SDI out using an Eizo 24 inch LCD 1920 x 1200 which has both HDMI and DVI inputs.

The MXO gets good reviews, the HDlink seems to offer similar features for less money - anybody have experience of these with M100?

I want to be able to monitor fields when working with interlaced material and also have the image full screen when viewing SD.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Matrox MXO or Blackmagic HDLink with M100?
by
on Oct 23, 2007 at 12:15:00 pm

[Andy Taplin] "The MXO gets good reviews, the HDlink seems to offer similar features for less money - anybody have experience of these with M100?
"

We use the HDLink on one of our sysems to drive an additional Apple 23" CinemaDisplay, and it works nice. Not even close to a Sony HD-CRT, but good for client preview.

But there is no way that you can monitor interlaced material reliable on a LCD and spot e.g. field dominance issues. LCDs simply don

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
Re: Matrox MXO or Blackmagic HDLink with M100?
on Oct 23, 2007 at 12:44:33 pm

Thanks Floh

It seems the MXO guys claim it does allow an LCD to show interlaced video, this is from their user forum:

Question:
INTERLACING: My main issue here is whether XMO will display the interlaced fields of SD video... ALSO read elsewhere on the site: "The MXO provides interlace viewing on a progressive monitor." so that's encouraging, but i need to check.

Answer:
We do display every single field. The MXO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]