MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Producer and QT 7.2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul HolzmanProducer and QT 7.2
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 4:43:39 am

I currently have a G4 1.67 laptop that I will be upgrading to a MacIntel machine in a few weeks. I wanted to test Producer on it but the Producer installer says that I will need QT v. 7.2 instead of what I currently have (7.1.6). Are people using 7.2 successfully? I keep reading how it causes various programs to break. Is this true? I do have FCP 5.x on this partition and I still need to use it for some projects. Any thoughts on whether v 7.2 is safe to use?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Producer and QT 7.2
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 9:01:09 am

Paul,

we are using QT7.2 across all our production systems, not only with Media 100 but also with the FCStudio applications. There is (was, there is a beta version that fixes it) an issue with Flip4Mac, and there were some initial installation problems. But as I said, it runs on all our systems without an issue.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Producer and QT 7.2
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 9:02:22 am

[Paul Holzman] "I do have FCP 5.x on this partition and I still need to use it for some projects."

Oh, I forgot to mention that we did not try it with FCP5.x, only 6.0. So I cannot really say anything about that. Maybe you should post in the Cow FCP forum about that.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Producer and QT 7.2
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 10:56:27 am

Hi Paul & Floh,

[Floh] "Oh, I forgot to mention that we did not try it with FCP5.x, only 6.0. So I cannot really say anything about that."

QT 7.2 running fine on my FCP5.x (whatever the last x before 6 came in) with no issues except the flip4mac problem you mentioned.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

Paul HolzmanRe: Producer and QT 7.2
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 1:09:15 pm

Thanks for the reality check. Here goes!

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]