MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

outputting standard def with PDW-F70

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nickel
outputting standard def with PDW-F70
on Oct 18, 2007 at 3:10:11 pm

Hi. I'm planning on renting the Sony PDW-F70 deck over the weekend. My plan is to use it to output an SD, letterboxed signal over firewire for digitizing into a Media 100 system. Original footage shot in 1080. I thought I'd try to be prepared and see if there were any issues or suggestions anyone had that might help me out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: outputting standard def with PDW-F70
by
on Oct 18, 2007 at 3:17:07 pm

I have never used XDCam HD, but I have seen that this deck also has HD-SDI (and SD-SDI) out, too, plus RS422. So if you have trouble using FireWire you definitely should be good to go using RS422 and either HD- or SD-SDI.

Return to posts index

Nickel
on Oct 18, 2007 at 3:35:20 pm

Thanks, Floh. Unfortunately, I do not have the capability to get SDI into the M100. However, I do have a Panasonic BT-LH900AP monitor http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/428936-REG/Panasonic_BT_LH900APJ_Pana...
Perhaps I go SDI into the monitor and either analog component or composite out? Not sure if the monitor will do this for me or not.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Oct 18, 2007 at 3:45:48 pm

[Nickel] "Perhaps I go SDI into the monitor and either analog component or composite out? Not sure if the monitor will do this for me or not.
"

As far as I can tell the monitor only has inputs, and no outputs. But you should be good to go either using FireWire for Video input and deck control, or by using FireWire as Video in and RS422 as deck control.
Maybe you should consider upgrading to e.g. a new Media 100 SDe system sometimes, though.

Return to posts index

Nickel
on Oct 18, 2007 at 3:50:24 pm

[Floh] "Maybe you should consider upgrading to e.g. a new Media 100 SDe system sometimes, though."

No doubt about that. A new HD system is definitely in the plans during the next couple of months.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]