MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
holycowseattle12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 15, 2007 at 11:41:54 pm

All,

Am I praying to the wrong gods this month or are devotees suffering as I am?

When I upgraded to 12.0.1 I lost the ability to preview video out from within After Effects. (Dual-Dual 2.66 Xeon, 9GB Ram, AE CS3 & AE7, Kona 3/M100 Suite)

Is this a bug or a forgotten code implementation?

Or should I make larger sacrafical offerings to the gods of configuration and compatability?

Regards.
-P

Return to posts index

David C.Re: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 16, 2007 at 12:46:38 am

Dear Holy,

No praying necessary. We had to re-write the V-out module because of the progressive support implementation. It's being worked on right now. I don't have a date for release but we hope shortly. FWIW- It is mentioned in the release notes, I know that does nothing to help you, but I wanted to mention it so you didn't think we forgot about it.

Dave

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 16, 2007 at 8:37:33 pm

I think David may have "misspoken" -- there is no reason I know of that the R12 VOut should fail to work for the pre-R12 modes. Can you describe your issue in more detail?

Return to posts index

holycowseattleRe: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 16, 2007 at 9:02:39 pm

Simply stated, when I launch AE7 or AECS3 the Media100 (Kona3HW) output changes from color bars (at rest setting) to a black screen.

No video from AE ever appears to the output.
I can choose between hd and SD resolutions from within AE for the output...and when I change those settings, there is a slight flicker on the monitor--and it returns to black output without ever "changing resolution". (It seems stuck at 525. My Sony HD tube monitor reports the resolution of the input signal whenever there is a change.)

So again, quite simply, no video ever appears at the output. I can hook up a firewire converter and change the output of AE to that with no issues.....But the Media100 VOUT simply refuses to work.

-P

Return to posts index

holycowseattleRe: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 16, 2007 at 9:03:55 pm

I am working with D1 resolution NTSC projects.

-P

MACHINE:
Apple Intel 1164-CORE Cyber-Net Station
36 KiloTerabytes Ram
OSX 19.2.1 VelociRaptor
Quicktime 12
24 Kiloquad Data Pipe to the eCentral RAID core
Final Cut w.Virtual Reality Studio V9.0.4
iDirect Neural Interface
MSOffice 2024
After Effects CS14

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 16, 2007 at 9:20:33 pm

Did you set up the correct outputs in the Media 100 Video Output window in System Preferences?

Return to posts index

HolyCowSeattleRe: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 16, 2007 at 10:23:47 pm

Oh geez.... They must have implemented new options...or I had not paid particularly close attention to the VOUT panel before.
The top of the list is now (I am not sure when it changed...or if it ever did.) is SD "Composite Y/C" (I am working SD Component.)

Yes, that was the problem.

And Yeessh! I am relieved someone else is out there to catch those rookie mistakes we make even after years of editing.
Thanks.

Now if only I had someone to make sure my shoes were tied and my hair combed......
-P

Return to posts index

David C.Re: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 17, 2007 at 2:10:54 am

OK, no snide comments about the Product Manager misspeaking about the missing Vout.

Thanks for the correction Softharbor, I guess I'm due for a vacation?

Just so we're clear, the Vout feature is in the Version 12 product.

Dave

Return to posts index

HolyCowSeattleRe: 12.0.1 No After Effects Preview.....
by on Oct 17, 2007 at 3:43:49 am

Yes, (for clarity) the VOUT works just fine.

I learned today----Apparently one must configure the outputs correctly in the Media100 VOUT control panel for things to work.

"SD Y/C Composite" was selected in my panel and it should have been "SD Component".

Still feeling silly for missing such an obvious whatever....

-P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]