MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

I need an encoder program that does it all...

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MVI need an encoder program that does it all...
by on Oct 12, 2007 at 7:11:32 pm

We have multiple media 100's on all kinds of different macs from G4s to G5s, mac books and mac pros. I need an encoding program that can do the MPEG2, MPEG4, QT, WMV primarily.

Cleaner has worked decently for the PPC machines, but still get the occasional crash. And I only used cleaner for windows medias and sorenson quicktimes.

Using compressor for all the MPEG-2 stuff. We are avoiding using any media 100i system to create DVDs. They are only being used to master programs to tape decks like BetaSP and DV.

All video/DVD authoring projects are living on G5's and Mac Pro's and using non-media100 codecs like DV/CPRO/50, ProRes, Uncompressed 8/10bit 4:2:2, then using compressor to create the MPEG2 to take to DVDSP.

But i still need a WMV solution for each of the other machines, and $180 per plugin per machine just for a windows media plugin with import/export capabilities isn't cutting it for me. Plus it is harder and harder to train new people to remember which program to go to and memorize settings.

I have tried episode as an alternative to cleaner over a year ago and hated it. simply does not work with reference or SC.
I've never used bitvice, do they even have a UB?
Compressor is great if you have the WMV plugin purchased, but no m100i support

i think everyone would benefit if we had some kind of known working solutions... again the goal is to be able to easily create WMV, QT, MPEG4 and MPEG2 with some kind of batch encoding capability from M100. And of course work with reference media to minimize timeline export out of M100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved