MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

corrupt file?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nickel
corrupt file?
on Oct 10, 2007 at 6:45:25 pm

Hi. I'm attempting to open a M100i program from 2006. The file had been on a backup DVD and was put back onto the hard drive. The problem I'm having is this: when I attempt to open the program I get a message saying "Rebuilding real-time preview files, please wait..." The message flashes on and off, but never stops. The clip that it's working on is a logo bug that runs nearly the length of the program. I don't have problems opening other programs. Could this be a corrupt file? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.3a on an old G4
Producer 11.5.1 on MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz core 2 Duo

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: corrupt file?
on Oct 10, 2007 at 11:09:46 pm

Hi Nick,

When you copied the file onto your system from the backup DVD, did you change its permissions from read-only to read-write?

I'm guessing here, but it might be trying to update the file unsuccessfully.

K

Return to posts index

Nickel
on Oct 11, 2007 at 2:05:49 am

Hi Kieran. Thanks for the thought. I just checked the permissions and they are OK. Surprisingly, when I opened the program in a different project it worked fine. Wish I had an intelligent explanation for that - but I'll take it and move on.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Oct 11, 2007 at 6:31:41 am

[Nickel] " Wish I had an intelligent explanation for that - but I'll take it and move on. "

I have, if you like to hear it ;-)

Most likely what happens is that in your old project there are media locations specified that don

Return to posts index

Nickel
you're right again
on Oct 11, 2007 at 12:10:05 pm

Floh, once again, you nailed it. Thanks! If you're not on the M100 payroll you should be.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]