MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Fair Market value of an 844x?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason KalinoskiFair Market value of an 844x?
by on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:28:24 pm

I'm cross posting this from the 844x forum...hope everyone doesn't mind, but there's a lot more traffic here.

Unfortunately, we've had a parting of the ways with one of
our business partners and are now trying to evalutate some assets so we can buy out his shares.

Can I get some opinions on the value of our 844x system?

Media 100 844x Hardware and software (Latest versions)
4+4 streams with x-blur
Breakout Box
HP XW8000
Dual 3.06 Xeon Processors
2 gigs ram

Storage, monitors, etc are being valued seperately. I'm just a little lost regarding the core hardware/software since it's
out of production.

The system was purchased in Nov/Dec 04...if fact, I bet we were the last ones to buy before it died.

Thanks for you help!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Fair Market value of an 844x?
by on Oct 9, 2007 at 8:31:11 pm

As you know the 844/X system is not developed anymore, and it is an SD only system. So while I am not really sure on how to determine the market price of the system, I guess chances are not that good that you will get big money for it. There is a use for the system in the current market, and if it fits your special needs it is a great and still very powerful compositing system with all its realtime performance (expecially with the XBLUR board). So if you have a job that needs such kind of performance it can be a great investment now, but I would not bet on finding a buyer for it, if that is your plan.

Return to posts index

Jason KalinoskiRe: Fair Market value of an 844x?
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 2:31:30 am

Thanks Floh...I don't really plan on selling it, but I owe a former co-owner a third of
it's present value. He's aware it's out of production, so hopefully we can all agree on a value.

I'm actually dreading the day we switch over to HD...I'm going to miss all that realtime compositing power.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved