MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Field Dominance and Encoding

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BmoneymediaField Dominance and Encoding
by on Oct 9, 2007 at 12:59:25 pm

I am trying to export a spot from my media 100 in order to encode it to specifications that meet DG FastChannel (a digital video distributer) specifications. The one problem that i keep running into is no interlaced frames are showing up. All my settings in Episode (encoding program) are correct, so i figure it must be the codec or something when i export from Media 100. I have included the email i recieved from DG's tech support. Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated.

thank you.

**Unfortunately, this spot has the same problem as the last one. There are no interlaced frames showing up. Have you checked on the Field Dominance settings for both your softwares (UpperxUpper, LowerxLower) ?

Spot failed
S:OutputDir>analyze TEST21.mpg -v
StreamType="Program Stream"
VidType="4:2:2 Chroma - 480/30i - lower field first - MPEG2"
AudType="2 channel MPEG-1 Layer II audio"

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Field Dominance and Encoding
by on Oct 9, 2007 at 3:08:12 pm

So how do you export from Media 100? You should export as "By Reference", and then use e.g. Episode to do all the transcoding. Make sure that you set Episode to correctly read your source footage settings. I am not really sure that there is something wrong with your export from Media 100 (since Media 100 usually does not remove fields when exporting), I would expect that either your source footage is progressive, or there is something wrong in your Episode settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved