MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100 clip export to work in Final Cut?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GSW videoMedia100 clip export to work in Final Cut?
by on Oct 3, 2007 at 5:17:02 pm

Hi guys,
This is a weird question that stems from a request by one of our faculty members who edits in Final Cut Pro. She wants me to digitize a clip into a file format that she can import and edit in Final Cut. She must be having trouble digitizing into her system. The catch is that I use Media 100. My thoughts are to digitize into my Media 100, export as By Reference and convert it using Compressor. If I'm on the right track what file format should I convert it to in Compressor that will enable her to easily import it into Final Cut without losing much (if any) quality? It's SD NTSC footage and I'm pretty sure she's using an older version of Final Cut (4.5?) so it needs to be something rather generic.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media100 clip export to work in Final Cut?
by on Oct 3, 2007 at 6:50:29 pm

Do you use Media 100 i or Media 100 HD? The newer systems can acquire into many codecs that are supported in FCP, like ProRes, DV, DVCPro50,...

Return to posts index

GSW videoRe: Media100 clip export to work in Final Cut?
by on Oct 3, 2007 at 7:08:55 pm

I use Media 100i v8.2.1. I also have a MacBook Pro w/ Producer on it but I'm having issues with it in that for long clips (10 min+) video and audio get out of sync. That's a question for another time because that system is basically useless to me until I figure out why it's doing that. One told me to not try and run media off the internal hard drive because they aren't fast enough and that maybe it's actually not dropping frames or is out of sync, just not playing properly off the drive. Anyway, if I can use my Media 100i system for this, I'd prefer it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved