MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Version 12 and Red.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greggm
Version 12 and Red.
on Oct 3, 2007 at 2:28:13 pm

I'm in HDe and have Red installed. Is the current version of Red working in V12, or do I need to download a new installer?

Also, anybody have any input with Red resizing logos? I posted a while ago with no real response.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Version 12 and Red.
by
on Oct 3, 2007 at 2:35:18 pm

I would expect that an update to Red gets posted to the Boris website soon. I think there have been some changes made to Red to integrate better with Media 100.

Return to posts index

David C.
on Oct 3, 2007 at 4:05:30 pm

All of the Boris FX Products have been upgraded to the latest shipping version, and are included with Version 12.

Dave

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Oct 3, 2007 at 8:25:08 pm

Hi Greg,

[greggm] "Also, anybody have any input with Red resizing logos? I posted a while ago with no real response. "

Only that I too have encountered this (rather frustrating) issue and I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Perhaps if we both report it we may get somewhere.

For me, I only have to make a change to the project settings (like to add 1:2:1 deflicker for instance) and the graphic suddenly shrinks to half its width. Plus it seems very inconsistent over its handling of pixel aspects.

No real help, but at least you are not alone!

K

Return to posts index

greggm
on Oct 4, 2007 at 12:39:02 am

Hi Kieran.

I have submitted a problem report on the Boris website about this issue. Hopefully we'll get an answer to this. Here was my original post:

Anyone know why Red is re-sizing logos?
I have a logo in psd format (275 x 220). When I import it into Red, it's native size is reported correctly, but the imported size changes to 306 x 220. It gets significantly aliased. The preferences are set to import as square pixels, which theoretically shouldn't change the aspect of the logo. As expected, when I change the preference to import as 4x3, it stretches even more. Can anyone shed some light on this, going into AE to drop in a logo is very irritating.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]