MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

E3 Videos made with Media100 & Boris now online.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AjmetzE3 Videos made with Media100 & Boris now online.
by on Oct 3, 2007 at 9:56:23 am

Well...I mentioned I'd show you what I did.
E3 2006, E3 2005 and E3 2004 videos now online at:
http://www.e3videos.com

I hope to add E3 2007 material as it's completed.

Still using Media100i 7.5 in OS9, with Boris FX 6...but can you tell?

Put the Media100 and Boris FX logos at the end of the credit roll of the 2006 feature. But you can see 'em for free if you skip to the "Bloopers" chapter mark.

Files encoded with Cleaner 6.01

Website made with html and Perl/CGI

And for anyone who bothers to pay for full access, you'll see the CreativeCow collective as well as Kieran both mentioned in the credit roll.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: E3 Videos made with Media100 & Boris now online.
by on Oct 3, 2007 at 8:29:24 pm

Hi Ajmetz,

Well Done!

Slight issue though, can't get them to play at all in Safari on my Mac (with Flip4mac).

Any suggestions?

K

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: E3 Videos made with Media100 & Boris now online.
by on Oct 4, 2007 at 3:55:57 am

Yeah.
A couple of things.

E3 2005 and E3 2004 should play fine in Safari with Flip4Mac, but E3 2006 is too large an ASX file for Flip4Mac to handle. By disabling Flip4Mac in Preferences, you can allow Windows Media Player to take the roll of browser plugin instead,and that should allow you to watch the programme.

Alternatively, if you select any chapter mark after XBOX- Resevoir Dogs, Flip 4Mac should work okay, because the ASX playlists after that point are short enough for Flip4Mac to handle.

At the moment you can only watch 10seconds of each chaper mark free of charge. To see the whole thing you need to purchase a password via paypal.
=P
Well...I gotta save up for Producer somehow?

Anyway, hopefully all that helps.
But if not, do let us know, and I can debug the site further.

Return to posts index

ajmetzRe: E3 Videos made with Media100 & Boris now online.
by on Oct 4, 2007 at 5:40:14 am

if you select any chapter mark after XBOX- Resevoir Dogs,

...just to clarify, chapters above and including XBOX - Resevoir Dogs don't work with Flip4Mac, only WindowMediaPlayer, and chapters XBOX - Mortal Kombat Armageddon and below work fine with Flip4Mac.
Have posted on the Flip4Mac forums about this.
Flip4Mac seems to hit a wall when there are more than 65 entries in an ASX playlist.

Return to posts index

Bobby MVRe: E3 Videos made with Media100 & Boris now online.
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 2:00:21 pm

your videos look good. you should apply a crop to your cleaner movies to get rid of those black borders that surround your analog video sources. you wont see it on AE renders, but you'll definitely see it if you digitized anything analog through m100. you never see it on a TV set because of the underscan that hides it. computer encodes will show every pixel so make sure you do that. It can be done in one step in cleaner... just apply like a 10-14 pixel crop on whatever sides need it the most. your videos will look much better.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 10, 2007 at 2:09:05 pm

Thanks.
I haven't publicised the website yet, am still just trying to get feedback off people, so your feedback is appreciated.

Am currently editing a preview of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for Nintendo Wii, and once that's live, we'll have some more recent content too, so I ought to be able to issue a press release about that, and get some hits.

Atm, the main thing everyone is saying is - who's gonna pay for last year's content?
I've tried re-titling the features ( i.e. E3 2006 changed to 110 Game Previews! so it's more instantly appealing to click on ), but other feedback has been to have one super password for the whole site, to have some text/welcome/channelguide on the first page, etc.
Some people weren't clear on the fact the free previews show the first 10 seconds of each chapter, and were expecting a trailer, and I dunno if a trailer might sell it better....so there's lot I gotta think about.
And is the fact nothing's for free atm gonna be a total turn off?

Meh.

But yeah, all feedback appreciated.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2007 at 4:19:29 pm

Well, I've solved the Flip4Mac error of it capping out at 65 asx entries, by making the 65th another asx file. Putting asx files as references in asx files stumps Media Player 6.4 on PC which thus reports an error, but plays fine up until that point, and fine after it, if you use the drop down menu navigation.

Also added a front page, and a wee clip of NiGHTS on Wii - namely Reala!

http://www.e3videos.com

So, in short, Flip4Mac bug sorted, at the expense of a wee WMP 6.4 hiccup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]