MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM workflow

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
XDCAM workflow
on Sep 26, 2007 at 4:31:45 pm

Hi All

The current workflow for importing XDCAM files seems quite cumbersome and slow. Anyone know how the workflow will evolve? I'd like to just import straight into M100HD in one step - perhaps with JKL style in and out point selection using an XDCAM deck - anyone know if this is being worked on?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: XDCAM workflow
on Sep 27, 2007 at 10:40:05 am

Andy, on 24th September I posted the same question (wish list) and have also mailed Media 100 direct but there is a deafening silence. Maybe they are quietly working on the matter but I am thinking about moving to the new Sony XDCAM Ex which records on a flash card but in a similar codec to XDCAM. I too want to be able to take in the media directly and easily into Media 100 HD without the process in Quick Time which is outlined in the Tutorial. Anyone out there listening?

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Sep 27, 2007 at 11:09:43 am

Thanks Michael

Apparently XDCAM is the fastest growing HD format so M100 needs to get a decent import solution worked out fairly soon. I'm looking at the XDCAM EX as well but the current workflow with M100 just does not appeal.

I hope we get a response from M100 about this.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 27, 2007 at 7:43:29 pm

Andy, even if they support the codec, as they surely will, I am not clear how we get from the media files on the disk (for XDCAM) and the card (for XDCAM Ex). We want video that we can put in a bin and play, right? As you say it has to be as straightforward as it is now with tape and we want to choose exactly what we want to acquire without having to take it all in and then delete what we don't want. Anyone else with ideas, tapeless is coming faster than you think. Maybe tape still for mastering and archiving but tapeless for acquisition.

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Sep 28, 2007 at 8:46:18 am

Absolutely, the option to import sections of clips as well as whole clip will be essential. I think some XDCAM decks have tape style jog and shuttle controls so this should be possible. Going tapeless should increase the options for sorting and organising material not reduce them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]