MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

11.6.3 playback errors a probes

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bobby mv
11.6.3 playback errors a probes
on Sep 17, 2007 at 3:06:29 pm

running 11.6.3 quad core g5 with a caldigit 3.75 tb s2vr sata raid running in jbod mode. Drives are striped using apple disk utility . I uprezzed an sd timeline to hd and batch reacquired using prores 422 (not hq) . The timeline is simple and only using a and b layers all effects are rendered and I am getting playback errors are occuring where there are no items to render. So I'm not sure what is going on because as a test I digitized some footage to the raid using m100 10 bit uncompressed and it all plays back just fine. I am however getting crashes when trying to play back after effects rendered media using the 10 bit media 100hd codec. Is there any information or known issues with media 100 and the caldigit drives ?

Return to posts index

bobby mv
Re: 11.6.3 playback errors a probes
on Sep 18, 2007 at 4:23:35 pm

could it possibly be card slot order? Currently i have the hde card in slot 2 and the sata card in slot 3. Again its a g5 quad powerpc thanks

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Sep 18, 2007 at 4:37:57 pm

[bobby mv] "could it possibly be card slot order? Currently i have the hde card in slot 2 and the sata card in slot 3. Again its a g5 quad powerpc thanks
"

You should put the HDe card in Slot 3 and the Storage connection card in Slot 4...

Return to posts index

Bobby MV
on Sep 19, 2007 at 3:15:45 am

aja card is in slot 3, still getting realtime errors. acquired data via dvcprohd and prores, still same result. im beginning to think it could be the drives, but i dont understand why bc they are formatted with JBOD for maximum speed. I have hd projects that play fine off the internal drives, so any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Sep 19, 2007 at 5:21:15 am

You said that you get crashes when playing back HD clips. Did you send the crashlogs to Media 100 using the Crashreporter, including your email address and a description what the cause for these crashes were?

And have you tried copying your media to your internal drive and playing it back from there? Same results?
Open your Activity Monitor (found in Applications->Utilities), and display the CPU activity during playback. Does the system max out all 4 CPUs? If yes, it could be a performance problem with ProRes, but I don

Return to posts index

Bobby MV
on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:34:08 pm

ok, i have been away from the office for the past few days and unable to troubleshoot the drives until this point.

I was told by my peers that the system was crashing. there was some confusion in the definition of "crashing" and it was instead just getting realtime playback errors occuring when there are no items to render.

did some tests with some an HD project, ProRes(nonHQ) on a g5 quad with 4gb ram. I get playback errors when playing off the RAID, but it plays fine off an external firewire drive. I have to think the problem lies with either the caldigit raid or the arrangement of the cards. I was getting problems with the AJA card in slot 3, caldigit in slot 4 and even with the AJA in slot 2 and the calidigit in 4.

i guess the only thing i have not tried is the AJA card in slot 4 and the caldigit card in 2 or 3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]