MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Motion paths issue

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fester
Motion paths issue
on Sep 10, 2007 at 11:03:15 am

Hello everyone..
Im trying to do a ken burns effect using the motion path feature on media 100.

The only problem i am getting is before and after rendering the effect is jerky.. like as if its dropping frames.. Its no way near smooth..

Could someone please give me some advice..

We are using a Mac Pro running Media 100 HD 11.6.2 (2 x dual core 2ghz proc with 4gb of ram)

Many thanks
Stephen

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
Re: Motion paths issue
on Sep 10, 2007 at 12:31:47 pm

EEessh... that is the most enimic feature in media 100 - Use Boris for that, MUCH more control, better support for oversized images - and settings for motion blur which you won't get in in MO...

A.D.

Return to posts index

fester
on Sep 10, 2007 at 1:41:46 pm

Thank you for your reply

I wish it was that simple.. I dont really have much experience with Boris Graffiti... Does anyone know if there is a pdf of the manual lying around.. or some good tutorial websites? I know there is a help feature and it seems pretty good.. but travel alot and would like to read it :-)

Thanks for the advice.. Im looking around for some software to to the Pan and Zoom effect with about ~ 30 jpeg pictures.. could you recommend any software? pref free :-)

Once again.. many thanks for your reply.. This is a great forum..

Cheers
Stephen

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Sep 10, 2007 at 1:56:12 pm

[fester] "Thanks for the advice.. Im looking around for some software to to the Pan and Zoom effect with about ~ 30 jpeg pictures.. could you recommend any software? pref free :-)
"

If you have Graffiti you definitely can do it there. The manual of Graffiti should be in your Boris Graffiti folder inside your Applications folder.
What you want to do sounds very basic, and should be done easily with some keyframes in Graffiti (or AfterEffects or Red).

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
on Sep 10, 2007 at 2:20:13 pm

You can buy training DVDs for Boris RED - RED includes the capablities of FX and Graffiti and adds more 3d capablities too.

The UI, Keyframing and fundamentals apply across FX, Graffiti and RED - so a training DVD for RED may still be useful even if it's for RED.

http://artel-software.stores.yahoo.net/trma.html

HTH
A.D.

Return to posts index

jimbrodie
on Sep 14, 2007 at 6:27:52 pm

There is an excellent program called StillLife
from http://www.grantedsw.com Its a real gem of a program for moving on stills!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]