MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDv Producer

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DenaliHDv Producer
by on Sep 1, 2007 at 9:49:18 pm

I am working on a project that was shot on HDv and I am trying to digitize the footage into Media 100 Producer. I have the downconvert function to DV set in the menu of the camera so it is SD but I can't seem to get a picture when trying to acquire into Producer. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: HDv Producer
by on Sep 2, 2007 at 9:08:28 am

Neither the camera or the deck can be used in digitising into Media 100 HD, it won't recognise the downconvert as DV. I take downconverted media from my Sony HDV deck into my Sony DSR 20 DVCAM deck and then it will go into Media 100 as DV. Others will confirm this. The resultant picture quality though is well worth the trouble, it's better than original DV.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

FlohRe: HDv Producer
by on Sep 2, 2007 at 10:30:21 am

We used both a camera and a HDV deck (Sony HVR-M25E) to acquire HDV tapes downconverted to DV into our Media 100 systems. Not sure why this does not work for you.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: HDv Producer
by on Sep 2, 2007 at 12:47:09 pm

Hi All,

There seems to be an issue regarding cetain decks/cameras and Media 100. I can certainly confirm that the HVR M10E is a barrel of laughs when it comes to digitising (see my earlier thread on the subject)

However, the M25E works like a dream, as does the Z1E directly. The problem seems to be to do with how the deck identifies the media standard (NTSC/PAL) - Media 100 invariably decides the deck is NTSC and hence no pictures.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved