MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio errors on export from edit suite

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GCTV11
Audio errors on export from edit suite
on Aug 21, 2007 at 6:05:32 pm

Hi-

I have been having audio errors when I try to export from edit suite for years and I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on.

I have an OS X system, and all I am trying to so is export as a self-contained movie from edit suite so I can then burn that file to DVD. What happens is that the video always processes fine, and then I get an unspecified Audio error somewhere in the eport process about 75% of the time and the resulting file looks fine, but somewhere in the timeline the audio goes from normal to a hideous buzz. I assume I have audio errors somewhere in my clips, but I can't hear any problems when I play through the original timeline. Is there any way to correct this or am I doing something wrong in the import or export process? Is there some setting I should change to fix it? Has anyone else ever had this issue at all?

Any help is much appreciated- this is the one major failing I have ever had with my Media 100 system- other than this issue I love it! Thanks.

Danielle

Return to posts index

GCTV11
Re: Audio errors on export from edit suite
on Aug 21, 2007 at 6:09:38 pm

Sorry for the duplicate posting question- the 1st try said it couldn't post so I started over! Any help anyone can give is appreciated!

Danielle

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Aug 21, 2007 at 9:00:36 pm

Hm.

Just read the post some time ago by Bob and yourself, detailing the same problem way back then too, and seeing what other people suggested at the time.

All I can say is I've never had the problem myself. I do have trouble digitising audio via DV on my Media100 7.5 (OS9), so I always use analogue audio in and DV just for Video, and have never had any probs exporting. Of course, how the audio is acquired is probably neither here nor there, but..just another variable to try.

Since you've tried a tonne of stuff over a long time period, across multiple software versions, maybe it's time for some more drastic experimentation to get to the bottom of it:

Try the trial version of the now software only Producer, and see if the error still exists there or not. [Assuming the trial will let you export...I assume it does].

Try buying a cheapo Mac off ebay (I got a 2nd G4 recently for only

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Aug 22, 2007 at 4:25:25 am

Forgot to mention, if you do try Producer, play it safe, and only open copies of your project file, to avoid any probs with going back to 8.2.3 afterwards.

Furthermore, the other post I was referring to in my last post, was here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/4/858976

I don't know if the problem is slightly different now, or still the same as then.

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Aug 23, 2007 at 3:15:57 am

am I doing something wrong in the import or export process?

>>The few times I have had audio errors on export, either the computer has froze, or the export has failed in some regard. As such the end file is damaged, and can't be played.
I was just wondering therefore, is this an error message you're getting as you export? Or does it appear as if everything is fine, but you discover the problem with the audio when you try and play the file back, and if that's the case, what are you playing it back with? Just wondering if this is a problem exporting from M100, or a problem importing into some other programme.

That said, I do not feel I'm an expert on any of this, and I'm a little embarrassed I'm the only one to have responded to your post as of yet. As I feel there are far more experienced people on these boards than myself, that might offer better advice in due course.

Return to posts index

gctv11
on Aug 23, 2007 at 2:29:35 pm

Hi-

Thanks for your responsese. The problem is not exactly as I described it some time ago. I have since realized that it is not a 20 minute or more problem, it was just that the only successful projects I had exported happened to be under 20 minutes. I have since exported longer programs sucessfully. What I think is going on is that somehow there are audio errors occurring either on import or when the footage is being recorded, though I don't know how since the raw stuff always sounds fine as do the clips in the bins and timelines.

I have had this problem with analog audio as well I beleive- for a long time I did what you said you do and only took the video in as DV and took the audio in through the RCA inputs, so I am not sure redigitizing as analog will help, which also may indicate that the problem is on the tapes themselves.

One of my other thoughts would be that it has something to do with taping on a DV tape that has been used before. I do get an error message on the export process- I beleive all it says is Unspecified Audio error.

Danielle

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 23, 2007 at 2:38:06 pm

You definitely should download the Trial version of Media 100 Producer (the software-only version of the current Media 100 applications) and open a copy of your Project and Timeline with it. Then try an export and look what happens. If it still fails then there is something wrong with your media files.

Return to posts index

CleverMoniker
on Aug 30, 2007 at 2:27:06 pm

I know I'm a little late with this, but I just read your post.

I seem to recall that the solution to this problem is as follows:

- Move your audio media to your internal drive
- Delete the audio media from the original drive it was on
- relink and try the export again

It's a little messy at first, but if you set up your media destinations that way for each project after that, you shouldn't see the problem again.

Return to posts index

gctv11
on Sep 6, 2007 at 3:46:45 pm

Hi Clever Moniker-

You are a genius! I tried moving the audio files and got the entire program to export without issue. Thank you so much for your help (and everyone else as well!). You have no idea how long I have been dealing with this problem, and your solutiom is going to save me so much time and effort. I really can't thank you enough for helping to rid me of this headache problem that has gone on for years. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ecstatically,

Danielle :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]