MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Boris Composite Suite filter?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Milligan
Boris Composite Suite filter?
on Aug 17, 2007 at 4:02:45 pm

All of a sudden my HDe system can't find the Boris Composite Suite filter on older titles - and by "older" I mean two months. I finished a program at the end of June using v11.6.2, installed v11.6.3 a couple of weeks ago, built new titles since then without any problem - but when I tried to edit existing titles in the old program, a dialogue box comes up that says: "Could not edit the composition because the Boris Composite Suite Filter plugin was not found." When I checked the plug-ins folder in the Media 100 folder it says the plug-in is there. I tried re-installing Media 100 but that didn't help. Trashed the Boris preferences - no go. Any other suggestions?

Gary

OS 10.4.10 on Dual-Core Intel Xeon
8GB RAM

Return to posts index

David C.
Re: Boris Composite Suite filter?
on Aug 17, 2007 at 6:36:17 pm

Go directly to the applications/media100 folder. Launch Media 100 directly from that folder and not the dock. Then try to edit a comp. If this happens you are launching the incorrect version either from an alias or the dock.

Dave

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Aug 17, 2007 at 7:13:49 pm

Thanks for your reply Dave, but just minutes before I read your post I was able to solve the problem. I'm guessing somewhat here, but it seems that I had originally built the titles when I had a trial version of RED 4 on my system (I already own RED 3). A couple of weeks back when I was opening a project and wanted to do some title work, I got a dialogue box saying that the trial version of RED 4 had expired so I deleted the RED 4 filter from the filters folder. I just now finished buying and installing RED 4 and all is good again. So, it seems that one is able to install and use a trial version of RED for Media 100 without having an "X" over the titles - but once the trial period expires it's "pay up or else..."

Gary

Return to posts index

SoftHarbor
on Aug 18, 2007 at 10:46:09 am

"once the trial period expires it's "pay up or else..."

Your first post said you couldn't edit existing titles. Well, those titles had been edited in RED. I don't know how the software could edit a RED title without RED. You're free to create a new title with Graffiti.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Aug 19, 2007 at 1:10:27 am

Yes, I'm aware that I could have re-created the titles using Graffiti, but I have been considering buying RED for some time now and this was the push that helped me make that decision.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]