MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 MPEG 2 export

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fester
Media 100 MPEG 2 export
on Aug 15, 2007 at 9:44:22 pm

Hello there..

We are relatively new to the great media 100 and we have a problem that we cannot seem to solve..

We need to export a 30 second timeline to a file with the following credentials.. Could someone please help me in this task? the credentials is as follows

Exporting the file to a 50 MB constant bit rate I Frame only MPEG-2 Program Stream direct from digital source.

The problem we are having is that in the export codecs we cannot see MPEG-2? We even purchased the quicktime MPEG2 codec from apple.com

Can someone please help us?

Many thanks to anyone who reads / replies
Stephen

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Media 100 MPEG 2 export
by
on Aug 15, 2007 at 10:35:12 pm

Media 100 does not include an own MPEG2 encoding routine, but it can use all QuickTime conversions.
The best way to do your MPEG2-encoding would be to export a By-Reference QuickTime file from Media 100, and then do the MPEG2-encoding in one of the available MPEG2 encoders, like BitVice, Compressor, Episode, Cleaner or one of the other tools out there.

Return to posts index

fester
on Aug 16, 2007 at 11:51:52 am

Hey there..

Thank you Floh for your reply.. Is there a freeware MPEG encoder? doesnt have to be MAC.. its can be PC also..

We are a non profit org so money is a little tight :-(

Many thanks
Stephen

Return to posts index

cow
Juanjo Mora
on Aug 16, 2007 at 7:42:06 pm

Hi!

You don't say what version of Media100 are you working on... but if you have access to a MacOS X machine you should try ffmpegX, I use it every day and its great! Also it's free.

You can get it here:

http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

Regards,

Jj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]