MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 (Legacy 6.1) Audio?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ScarpinoMedia 100 (Legacy 6.1) Audio?
by on Aug 15, 2007 at 12:52:53 am

I'm finishing a 53 minute "film" on my legacy Media 100 v6.0 system (do you want me to tell you how I prefer this to my work Avid Media Composer Adrenaline?) and there are several scenes where I probably was overdriving the audio on capture.

Strictly from a users standpoint, is there a way for me to simply re-digitize the audio from the muliple clips so that I don't have to go back and re-edit the sections where the audio is bad?

Clear as mud?

Thanks for any consideration!

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Joe RugbyRe: Media 100 (Legacy 6.1) Audio?
by on Aug 15, 2007 at 6:48:46 pm

One way- I'd suggest creating a duplicate program and new bin.

Identify and highlight each offending clip and "change media attributes" (MediaMenu) to reflect the proper input setup audio level. When done save the duplicate program.

Then 1 by 1 drag each offending clip into the bin.

Then open each clip in the edit suite and deactivate the video box and hit apply.

Your bin should have a bunch of audio only clips. Select all and delete clip & media. I'd leave the audio files in the trash til after the next step.

Select the duplicate program and batch redigitize.

Good Luck.

Return to posts index

LukkeeRe: Media 100 (Legacy 6.1) Audio?
by on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:31:07 am

... another way is simply select the clip(s) and go redigitize selected. Then check the box marked "force redigitize" audio to the right of the digitize window. This will only redige the audio you have selected if your video kb per frame settings remain as per the original file. This from memory as I am not in front of the computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved