MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 I crashes on Digitize

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremyRMedia 100 I crashes on Digitize
by on Aug 14, 2007 at 5:18:55 pm

Like the title says, one of my Media 100 I's crashes on Digitize. It does it about 3 to 6 times a day. You can be digitizing fine, then it will crash when you start recording a new clip. If you try to restart the application it will crash. The only way to re-open it is to hunt down the media that I startted recording and delete it. I have scanned my Medea SCCI (Disck utility & Norton Disk Doctor) drive and can't find any problems. Any ideas how to fix this?

Media 100 I/XR 8.2.3
External Media SCCI Drive

Return to posts index

badbikerRe: Media 100 I crashes on Digitize
by on Aug 14, 2007 at 8:07:27 pm

if numbers in your mac osx prefs pane- international- format is set to other then us, the system will crash on digitize. the easiest way it to change the region to "united states" , and the system should be stable again.

Return to posts index

jeremyRRe: Media 100 I crashes on Digitize
by on Aug 14, 2007 at 10:23:43 pm

Thanks for the tip. I just checked it out and it was set to United States. Any other Ideas?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 I crashes on Digitize
by on Aug 14, 2007 at 10:32:02 pm

It sounds a lot like a hardware problem, most likely to your Harddrive or SCSI connection. Check your cables and make sure that they are seated correctly. And check your SCSI termination. Maybe you should try to digitize some clips (in a lower resolution) to your internal harddrive to see if you get the same problem there

Return to posts index

jeremyRRe: Media 100 I crashes on Digitize
by on Aug 16, 2007 at 9:01:34 pm

I just put new cables on it and the terminator checks out ok. Still no go. I going to try now to digitize to my internal drive and see where that gets me. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]