MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100i - Final Cut

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim@ABC32Media100i - Final Cut
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:24:01 pm

We are changing to Final Cut Studio and getting a new MacPro in the process. We have Media 100i on a G5 and plan to put Final Cut program on it as well. Can I use Media !00 (to avoid buying another breakout box) to import video then use that video in Final Cut? This may be twisted and I have to do what management wants.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media100i - Final Cut
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 8:09:48 pm

If you have a Media 100 i system (P6000 hardware) you are completely out of luck with using this hardware on a MacPro.
But what I highly would suggest is looking into an Aja-based Media 100 system. The Aja hardware that is sold with the new Media 100 systems can be used both with Media 100 and with FinalCut; and with getting the Media 100 software for the Aja hardware you are able to open all your legacy projects, Media files and timelines without problems. It will give you the best of both worlds; you will be able to work both in FCP and in Media 100 depending on the requirements of the actual project.
If you already bought an Aja-board for your MacPro to use with FCP, you also can get a software license from Media 100 to work with your Aja hardware. Definitely get in touch with Media 100 sales about that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved