MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HVR-M10E mystery

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran MatthewHVR-M10E mystery
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 10:13:31 am

Hi All,

I'm working with HDV at the moment and that requires me to rent an HVR-M10E deck.

Despite it being set for PAL, 50i, downconvert, output DV over the iLink, media 100 insists that the machine is outputting "DV/DVCPro-NTSC".

This of course stops it running as the video is incompatible (its PAL) and so is the TC.

At first I thought the deck was faulty and ordered a replacement. This arrived, but in the mean time the first deck started working.

Now I've tested the replacement and it is doing the same - my media 100 insists it is NTSC although it isn't.

I'm not sure if this is a deck or a system issue - anyone have any ideas or indeed ever experienced anything like this ?

K

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: HVR-M10E mystery
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 4:18:20 pm

I had exactly the same problem! I normally convert my HDV from the M10 deck through Convergent Design's HD-Connect to uncompressed HD for acquiring into Media 100 (11.5.1) because that is the best away to avoid GOP compression problems. However when I only need an SD timeline I tried to digitize a downscaled signal from the deck into Media 100. I got the same message as you. I finally abandoned this route and transferred the downscale to my DSR 20 deck and then digitized from that to Media 100, no problem.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: HVR-M10E mystery
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 4:32:06 pm

Hi Michael,

Aha! So I'm not going mad! But what still remains a mystery is why the first hire two weeks ago went without a hitch, and this one worked, but only after fighting with it for hours.

I reckon there's a bug in the routine when Media 100 interogates the deck over the firewire to get its ID (for that drop down menu in the preferences). It might be a "luck of the draw" situation as to whether it correctly guesses the standard.

I'm guessing this is a PAL issue, as I doubt it causes a problem if the material is actually NTSC

Thanks for the heads-up and for the workaround!

K

Return to posts index

SheeploveRe: HVR-M10E mystery
by on Aug 8, 2007 at 8:32:43 am

I have same problem (HVR M15E). But despite M100 saying it's in NTSC mode, when I digitise the clips are in PAL!

G5 dual 2.7, OS10.4.10, 4G RAM
Media100 HD V11.6 & Producer, AE 7
3.6 terra RAID

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: HVR-M10E mystery
by on Aug 9, 2007 at 9:25:12 pm

Hi Sheeplove,

[Sheeplove] "But despite M100 saying it's in NTSC mode, when I digitise the clips are in PAL!"

That's interesting - mine wouldn't take footage in at all. The track buttons remained yellow the whole time.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]