MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David C.
on Aug 2, 2007 at 8:27:36 pm

Hi,

Media 100 has posted version 11.6.3 to the support.media100.com site. This release introduces support for the Apple ProRes and Cineform codecs (currently in beta) and has various bug fixes. This update is a free update for 11.6.x owners who have subscribed to the Media 100 Software Update Service. Please note that the ProRes codec support requires a fast Apple computer to run efficiently. This is important to know. You can acquire, playback and master with the codec, but these features depend on your processor speed (this is also true with FCP too).

We're currently engineering and testing version 12 and will be showing a a version at IBC 2007.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

David Issko
Re: 11.6.3
on Aug 6, 2007 at 3:31:28 am

Thanks Dave, got it.

Now how do I install Apple ProRes 422 (after I buy FCS2) without interfering with M100HDe and AJA hardware?
Thanks David Issko

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 6, 2007 at 7:02:50 am

[David Issko] "Now how do I install Apple ProRes 422 (after I buy FCS2) without interfering with M100HDe and AJA hardware?
Thanks David Issko "

You can install the full FCS2 on your Media 100 system without any problem. You should not install the Aja Kona drivers, though, which would conflict with the Aja drivers Media 100 uses. Or if you have installed FCS2 somewhere else you can copy the ProRes component from the Library->QuickTime folder of the drive to your Media 100 Library->Quicktime folder.

You should be aware that ProRes produces unexpected results when used e.g. with AE; there is a levels- and colorshift when decompressing ProRes footage. Rendering into ProRes codec is fine.

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Aug 6, 2007 at 7:59:12 am

Thanks very much Floh, I managed to discuss that with my supplier and it's OK to do EXACTLY as you say.

I will keep the ProRes/AE issue in mind but i'm sure that Adobe will address the issue in due course - well I hope so.

How much experience have you had with ProRes, if any?

Thanks
David Issko

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 6, 2007 at 9:47:54 am

[David Issko] "How much experience have you had with ProRes, if any?
"

I have finished some projects in ProRes, which except the AE problem seems to be a pretty nice codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]