MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Lockup when trying to export

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Frazier
Lockup when trying to export
on Jul 31, 2007 at 4:42:40 pm

Something new and strange is happening. When I attempt to export something - a frame, range selection, or anything - my M100 locks up and will not restart until I reboot the Mac. Has anyone had issues with this? Or is it just time for me to upgrade to OS 10.4 and M100 8.2.3?

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Lockup when trying to export
by
on Jul 31, 2007 at 4:54:46 pm

Does that happen only on a specific project, or also on different projects? Have you tried exporting to a different drive? Besides a software conflict (e.g. with an incompatible version of QuickTime or a 3rd party QuickTime extension) this could be related to a bad media file or bad harddrive directory.

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on Jul 31, 2007 at 6:49:53 pm

Floh, thanks for the quick response. This problem is happening on multiple projects (all of them, actually), and it started just recently. The only thing I can think of that changed was downloading the Apple updates, but that should have been just the security and iTunes updates. If Quicktime also got updated, would that cause any issues?

Since the original post, I've downloaded and installed 8.2.3, but am getting the same results. I can still play back projects just fine, so the media drives seem to be functioning properly. And as far as exporting to a different drive, I can't even get that far when attempting to export. As soon as I click on the "Export from edit suite" command, M100 disappears. When I try to relaunch the program, I get the message the it can't open because it's locked up.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mark

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jul 31, 2007 at 7:02:45 pm

[Mark Frazier] "If Quicktime also got updated, would that cause any issues?"

I am not sure, but with the latest updates there was a QuickTime update to 7.2 which broke several things (unrelated to Media 100). So maybe it also did break the Media 100 i export functionality for you. Maybe you should try to revert to QuickTime 7.1.6 or reinstall QuickTime 7.2

Return to posts index

SoftHarbor
on Jul 31, 2007 at 7:50:07 pm

There's a preferences file, something like "com.Media100.Media100i.plist" that has been implicated in problems like this. You could try renaming or deleting it.

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
THANKS!!
on Aug 1, 2007 at 2:15:57 pm

Floh & SoftHarbor, I appreciate your help. Somewhere between reinstalling QT 7.2, deleting the preferences file and repairing permissions, I'm back up and running as normal. I'd love to know what exactly went wrong in the first place to keep it from happening again, but I guess I'll just be grateful to have this thing running again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]