MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Project files missing, but they aren't

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John TwigtProject files missing, but they aren't
by on Jul 29, 2007 at 5:07:52 pm

Questions about an irritating problem here: I have a huge project (about two terabyte of media with over 150 bins, about 50 programs) and i work on it on three different setups: media100HDx (11.5.1), M100 HDe(11.6.2) and Producer (11.5.1).
I just opened the project in Producer after having worked on it in the same Producer (same machine & software) and it contains only offline bins and programs! All the bins and programs are still at the same place (folder structure and disk is the same, in fact nothing has changed , just a restart). There was no crash or freeze-up, program shut down completely normal, and the same goes for the computer (G5 2x2.5Ghz)
How could this have happened? And does somebody knows a workaround or solution for happening again. Of course I will now make a new project and just start opening all the bins and programs again, but I would like to avoid this in the future.
On the same note, why is it that when you have saved your project (and bins etc with the same folder structure) on a different disk that when you open it the same problem occurs?
(and this is when you're using the same machine and software version).

Anybody out there with the same problem and a solution?

John Twigt
Workstation BV, Amsterdam
The Netherlands
http://www.workstation.nl

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: Project files missing, but they aren't
by on Jul 29, 2007 at 11:47:59 pm

Try Disk Warrior, and no I don't know why it happens.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Project files missing, but they aren't
by on Jul 31, 2007 at 12:54:51 am

I think the search routine for offline bins and programs is less extensive than the search for offline media, and it usually works best if the files are in the same folder as the project.

Return to posts index

John TwigtRe: Project files missing, but they aren't
by on Jul 31, 2007 at 9:04:59 pm

I'm sure it is, but with the possibility of creating groups of bins and programs within M100 projects, I also like to organize these files in the same way in the finder. As you can imagine with huge projects, the amount of bins and programs are quite large. Some form of file management should be possible,

John Twigt
Workstation BV, Amsterdam
The Netherlands
http://www.workstation.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]