MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Aspect ratio conformed clip plays black in time line

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tankboyAspect ratio conformed clip plays black in time line
by on Jul 24, 2007 at 1:12:58 am

Hi folks

I have a 5 min clip that was shot 16:9 DVCAM PAL SD. Edited in media100 set up as 16:9 program and exported as a .mov file awaiting mastering. In the mean time I've needed to use it in another 4:3 SD timeline. So I imported it as a 16:9 clip into a bin and dragged it onto the 4:3 timeline and as usual it asks me how I want to conform it. I've tried every conform option and the clip goes through the process of conforming and sits on the timeline when finished and looks like a normal clip. But it plays back as a black clip. No picture, no sound. Although when I chose change aspect ratio option I can see the picture fine. But I don't want it squished up.

All the other clips non 16:9 clips on the time line play back fine. Any ideas what the problem might be? I do this mixed ratio stuff quite often and I've never had this problem before so I'm a bit puzzled about it.

Oh - also the clip lays fine in the editor via the bin. But again black with no sound once it's been 'conformed' and played back in the editor via the time line.

Hope this makes sense. Any help would be most appreciated with this.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Aspect ratio conformed clip plays black in time line
by on Aug 28, 2007 at 6:12:12 pm

Hi Tankboy,

I've just run into a similar problem with slomos rendering black. The issue seems to be with the codec set for rendering. I was using a bit of media captured in Media 100i Lossless, and it would only render if the render codec was set to the same.

I don't know if this is true for other codecs, but assuming you didn't find a work around, maybe this info is of some help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved