MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Lonely around here

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bogiesan
Lonely around here
on Jul 17, 2007 at 3:50:51 pm

Floh, seems you're holding forth against the odds. We used two m100 systems for may years, loved 'em, hated the company. Thoroughly enjoyed sending the boards to the bottom of the reservoir and converting to FCP but I still miss may thing about the elegant and user-friendly software.

But I need to recover some of my old M100 files, if it's at all possible. any idea where the ol' free software transcoder ended up? Boris doesn't seem to have it although the docs on Producer seem to imply it will do the job. I just don't want anything larger than about 1k on my system that has anything to do with M100.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Lonely around here
by
on Jul 17, 2007 at 3:56:38 pm

[bogiesan] " I just don't want anything larger than about 1k on my system that has anything to do with M100. "

In this case I doubt that I can help you much. Currently there is no free version of the Software Codec (the old Transcoder was replaced with full Software Codecs some years ago). Producer is like FCP a software-only solution, which can work with old Media 100 movies and projects/programs/bins. If you are missing many things about the "elegant and user friendly software", you should give it a try to work on your old files. There is a free 14-day trial version, and the full version comes with the Codecs...
But nice to hear you are still around, bogiesan.

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Jul 17, 2007 at 5:39:23 pm

Are you sure the Transcoder isn't still online?
I reinstalled it on an old system just a few weeks ago.

Hang on...

Yep, here is the old skool M100 Transcoder:
http://www.support.media100.com/KBSearch/kbDocument.aspx?id=193

And here is the new-skool M100 Video Codecs, which eventually replaced the Transcoder:
http://www.support.media100.com/KBSearch/kbDocument.aspx?id=379

So whether you need the new codecs, or the old transcoder, they're both up there on the media100 website.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jul 17, 2007 at 5:58:48 pm

[Ajmetz] "So whether you need the new codecs, or the old transcoder, they're both up there on the media100 website."

You

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Jul 17, 2007 at 6:27:42 pm

Ooops...sorry. ^_^ Still in a PowerPC world here (x2 G4s), so wasn't thinking Intel myself. =P. Still, I think I read earlier on the boards, if you're Intel, you could switch Quicktime into Rosetta to play M100 clips using the old PowerPC transcoders. Not ideal, but at least now all the info's in the thread somewhere.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jul 17, 2007 at 6:23:32 pm

I was wondering where Bogeisan had gone to these last few years - defected evidently. See what a mistake you made, Media 100 resurrected, great new updates, great new owner, happy little editors! Get back to the resevoir and rescue your system.

Return to posts index

David C.
on Jul 17, 2007 at 7:09:22 pm

Or... maybe he could purchase something :), your money is still good around here D. We're looking to start growing Media 100 again, this time the Boris way and we need more people to come back. We're not saying get rid of FCP. That won't happen (and why would you?), but we have still plenty to offer in this space. Media 100 is more affordable than ever and it can easily co-exist with FCP using the same AJA cards on the same computer. No more snakes, dog food or any of that crazy junk, just an easy way to get your work done and make money.

Dave

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Jul 17, 2007 at 9:51:10 pm

Thank you guys, very much, for the kind words and for the helpful links.
I'll let you know how things work out with the transcoders and Producer.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]